PDA

View Full Version : Formal Hello

lamppost
08-07-2008, 03:51 AM
Hello, fellow saber enthusiasts. I figured I'd finally post a formal "Hello", after lurking for a while. Obviously, I joined a while ago, but due to money, school, and just being busy, I never had time to build many of my ideas. I've built a few sink tube sabers and am wanting to throw together some of the MHS ideas I've been kicking around.

Hm...More about me. Most of the cash flow problems have been due to my other large hobby: music. I play guitar in a casually-gigging, cover-band that does stuff from SRV and Rush, to Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Pantera, etc. I drop a lot of cash into new amps and guitars, and between myself and my father (who also plays), my house has become a revolving door for guitar gear. ;) Do any of you folks play any instruments?

So yeah, I'll be posting more and hopefully sometime soon, I'll be able to finally grab some MHS pieces to bring some ideas off the paper.:D

Darth Leximus
08-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Welcome and I believe you'll find quite a few fellow musicians around here. Unfortunately I'm not one of them, I'm in it strictly for the sabers.

Where abouts do you play, I'm a big Maiden and Pantera fan!

Lord Preston
08-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Welcome to the forums! I do play the drums, but am here for the sabers.:)

lamppost
08-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the welcomes, guys.

We usually play around the western Kentucky area, and north-west Tennessee, rarely . We play parties and the occasional bar/club gigs that the owners will let me into.

Being 16 makes it pretty tough to get into some places, but I've negotiated my way into a most places so long as no alcohol is anywhere near me for the night/ I'm stamped/watched the whole time. Its worth the hassle, though. Nothing beats being on stage. :D

Barmic Rin
08-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Welcome dude!! As always, any help needed, you just gotta ask (if you couldn't find the answer somewhere in the topics)

My musical skills go so far as the triangle & Guitar hero 3. One day i'll learn to play my guitar... no more dust to be collected on it!!!

Darth_DevilGuy
08-07-2008, 12:35 PM
welcome to the forums!

DDanDevious
08-18-2008, 07:09 AM
siiiiiiiiick.

welcome to the forums... I am a bass player myself... so youre in good company.

now get your MHS saber together!

rock.

DDD

Bleyst
08-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Hello!

Pianist, used to be singer in heavy metal band, i'm playing guitar sometimes (accoustic) :) Here for sabers :D

Have fun :)