PDA

View Full Version : PVC Lightsabers

JediKnightBJ
08-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I built these with the idea of giving them away. I had numerous people help me make them and now that they are done, my wife says they are too expensive to give as gifts. So now I am going to list them on fleabay and hope that I can make just enough money to keep the wifey poo happy. If you are interested in them, PM me and I will send you the ebay link.

I have 3x3W's with heatsinks, and 5x1W's. Two of the the 1W's have micropucks. The rest have resistors. Here's a pic

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m357/bjall4jc/sell.jpg

PM me if you want the ebay link.PM me and I will send the link.

eastern57
08-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Aw man, BJ... You have one arm AND a charitable spirit... I don't know what to say other than:

STOP IT!!!

:D:D:D

seriously, thanks. you're a goodfella

JediKnightBJ
08-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I have two arms. I only have one working hand. My right hand was smashed in a compression vise when I was 12. I have 74 pieces of metal making up that hand, along with several new pieces of plastic. I'm just a man trying to make my way in the universe.

thanks though eastern

JediKnightBJ
08-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Two of the short blades are ultrasabers blades. The rest are sanded thin walled blades with semi-mirrored tips.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m357/bjall4jc/sell1.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m357/bjall4jc/IMG_0907.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m357/bjall4jc/sell2.jpg

Kal El Rah
08-04-2008, 08:06 PM
JediKnightBJ, Very Very Nice job.

astromech_kuhns
08-04-2008, 08:11 PM
are they dule-able?

Kolton Kuhns:cool:

eastern57
08-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Nice spread! Maybe I'll start doing those when I get next month. Simple, yet still very awesome'fied

JediKnightBJ
08-05-2008, 05:23 AM
They are good for medium to light dueling. If you want the ultrasabers blades, They would be good for heavy dueling. The ultrablades will cost a little more though. I'm working on getting them listed on ebay right now.
I'll post up links later.

astromech_kuhns
08-05-2008, 07:28 AM
please PM me with the ebay link:mrgreen:

Kolton Kuhns

JediKnightBJ
08-05-2008, 07:55 AM
The link for ebay is at the beginning of the thread now.

Hasid Lafre
08-05-2008, 08:29 AM
I would remove tha tlink, advertising stuff you have forsale isent looked appon round here as this forum is attached to a store.

JediKnightBJ
08-05-2008, 08:39 AM
I would remove tha tlink, advertising stuff you have forsale isent looked appon round here as this forum is attached to a store.

Thanks Hasid, I took the links out.

If anyone would like the links, PM me.

Ok, forgive my ignorance, is it ok to have people PM me about the links?

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
08-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Lots of people have posted links to sabers they have on Ebay. Is it wrong?

I'd like to know what Tim has to say about it. Does it make a difference if the parts were bought here, so at least Tim made some money from it in the first place?

Jonitus
08-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Regardless of what Tim says, I still think it is bad form to advertise your own wares on his forums. Posting a random auction for all to look at when you're not the seller is different.

I never posted links to the auctions of the sabers I sold, and all the parts were bought here...just bad form.

JediKnightBJ - If you want a place to advertise your stuff, PM me and I can accommodate you.

Darth_DevilGuy
08-05-2008, 10:14 AM
yeah take it to FX-Sabers forums, thats what it's there for and you'll get plenty of takers.

JediKnightBJ
08-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I will take it there, do I need to get rid of the posts in here? Actually, how do I do that here?

Sorry, I'm just an ignorant man trying to figure this stuff out. I did post the links in the fx-saber forums.

Thanks for the wrist slapping guys.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
08-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, or step on Tim's toes, I just wanted to know. Let's just consider it the final word that it's bad form and leave it there.

JediKnightBJ
08-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Wow, Ok gentlemen, there's no need to make a mess here. Final word. I won't, and no one else should, advertise things for sale in TCSS Forums. Out of respect for Tim and his store. I want to humbly apologize for my error in doing so. Even though I bought a majority of the parts I could buy from Tim, I agree, we don't need to be trying to sell things in "His" stores forums.

Thanks for Caring enough to look at the posts. If you want more pretty pictures of my sanded blades and PVC Sabers, I will post some in the gallery forums later today.

Thanks all.

JediKnightBJ

Barmic Rin
08-06-2008, 12:04 PM
As one of the Vet's to post in this Topic, Tim generally doesn't like people posting links to their sales, though pointing out other peoples sales is tolerated.

I did ask if I could give peeps a heads up on my ebay sales at the beginning of the year (no sabers, just figures, books etc), and he said he'd prefer if I didn't.

We obviously respect his decision as he is gfracious enough to host the forums.

PM's shouldn't be a problem.

As the link is removed, no worries.

BTW, great job on the hilts!!!

JediKnightBJ
08-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks. If you want to PM me I will send ebay links, otherwise, I will not dishonor Tim by posting links. I've had 4 PM's from people demanding I post the links, I will not post them anymore, as I now understand that it is disrespectful to Tim.

Thank you all for your compliments. It warms this one handed saber apprentice's heart.