PDA

View Full Version : Recharge port in the pommel

Malaki Skywalker
08-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Hey guys, I need some examples and tips on getting a recharge port in the pommel (Getting wires past a speaker etc.) it's a PITA getting it to work :/ Is their anything I can do/construct to make life easier?

Cheers :cool:

xl97
08-04-2008, 11:59 AM
in one of mine.. (custom pommel..but shouldnt really matter)

I have a re-charge port in the bottom...

to get past the all-in-one unit of speaker & batt. pack I have.. there is a groove along the side where the wires are run up..

only cons I have seen:

sometimes (if you do not pre-plan) screwing of the pommel with twist the wires....either counter twist before hand... or what I do sometimes is loosen the nut securing the port to the pommel.

strengthofrage
08-04-2008, 12:26 PM
I will post pics when I get home from work...

I used all MHS parts and wired my recharge port & low batt LED to mount on the pommel insert, the one with the recharge port threads, speaker grille and 3 little holes. The speaker mount sold in the store can be notched with a file or you can take a short section out. I removed about 1/4" of the speaker mount so the wires can pass and then used a few dabs of hot glue to hold the speaker to the mount. Also, a real big help was figuring out that when you solder the recharge port wires it helps to solder the wires and the posts on the port lined up next to eachother instead of two ends meeting (pic to come when I get home) kind of like === instead of --- ---. Then cover the ends with heatshrink. This give you more room between the port and the speaker, the ends wont hit the speaker and the wires are easier to deal with. Also, if using the MHS pommel and insert you can sand down the flat sides of the C-clip to allow the insert to spin frealy when you screw and unscrew the pommel. I also put a touch of silicon in the C-clip groove to help it spin. Otherwise the wires will twist and kink on you.

I will post a pic tonight, I hope this helped a bit... It can be done :)

eastern57
08-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Here's what I did, and it's super easy and safe:

- Sanded down the inside edges of the insert so that it can spin freely in the pommel (with a c-clip in there too).
- Chipped out a corner of the speaker mount to feed the wires around.

The wires keep the insert stationary while I screw the pommel onm. No need for excess wire or counter twisting.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/eastern57/MHS%20hilt%203/DSC03397.jpg

Malaki Skywalker
08-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Perfect! :cool: Now for the speaker mount to come back into stock :) Cheers for that one eastern! :D

xl97
08-04-2008, 12:40 PM
my comment is almost exactly like Easterns (the speaker mount portion).. if my explanation didnt make sense.. :)

I had a custom pomell made by AoF (Randy)..that has no MPS insert of any kind all solid with holes drilled in for speaker vent.

eastern57
08-04-2008, 12:45 PM
I just reread strength's... seems we all have the same idea :D... We are great minds!!! score...

Malaki Skywalker
08-04-2008, 12:58 PM
ROFL, I just read it all... thanks guys! Great minds really do think alike :-D

strengthofrage
08-04-2008, 01:28 PM
............Word ;)

MaverickJsmith
08-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Hivemind anyone?

Maverick

eastern57
08-04-2008, 10:02 PM
hehe, we're killik joiners with xl97, he lured us all in with his ISB.

;)