PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about getting TCSS to put together a saber for me?

Jak-Jak
08-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Sorry if I should have been able to find this myself but clearly I can't. :rolleyes:

Anyways, if you could link me to a similar thread or just let me know how to have TCSS construct a lightsaber for me, that would be great.

Thanks

Do-Clo
08-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Email the onwer Tim with your request.

JasonEuc
08-03-2008, 05:08 PM
sales@thecustomsabershop.com <sales@thecustomsabershop.com>

And, remember that this is a CUSTOM saber shop, so you'll be able to tweak as long as your wallet can afford it. :)

eastern57
08-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Tim doesn't usually do full projects, typically just custom parts. TCSS is more of facilitator, rather than a full-service provider. But you can always ask, the worst is he'll say "no".

Jak-Jak
08-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Tim doesn't usually do full projects, typically just custom parts. TCSS is more of facilitator, rather than a full-service provider. But you can always ask, the worst is he'll say "no".

Well I'm very new to all of this and being a Freshman in High School, I have very little experience in the things that go into constructing one of these. Although my dad has been an Electrical Engineer for about 20 years so it's my job to get him interested so he can help me out. :p

eastern57
08-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Don't worry about it :) You're not alone, there's lots of people your age here. This is a great place for learning.. there's a lot of information, of all skill levels, to be absorbed...

If you get confused or lost, just raise your hand and someone will help you out!

Jak-Jak
08-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Don't worry about it :) You're not alone, there's lots of people your age here. This is a great place for learning.. there's a lot of information, of all skill levels, to be absorbed...

If you get confused or lost, just raise your hand and someone will help you out!

Well from what I've seen you're pretty helpful around these forums so we'll probably be talking alot ;)

Anyways, I was also wondering what the most basic things I should get are if I'm just starting out. I'm not really interested in sound but from what I've read an LED blade is really what I'm looking for.

Jedi-Loreen
08-03-2008, 09:08 PM
If you're completely new to saber building, the first place you should start reading is the forum at the very top of the main page, called "New to the saber scene? Start Here"

Read through all those threads, there's some good, basic information there to get your mind started in the right direction.

Jak-Jak
08-03-2008, 09:30 PM
If you're completely new to saber building, the first place you should start reading is the forum at the very top of the main page, called "New to the saber scene? Start Here"

Read through all those threads, there's some good, basic information there to get your mind started in the right direction.

Well I've already read through those. But I'm still not really sure what exact parts I should get (looking for simplicity more than anything else) to order for my first saber.

Jak-Jak
08-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Also, is this probably going to take multiple orders to finish or should I be able to plan everything out and get it shipped all at once?

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
08-03-2008, 09:44 PM
You would be wise to take your time and plan it all carefully. No point rushing it, and having to pay shipping twice. I've been planning out a saber for two weeks now, and I'm still not ready to place my order.

I know the feeling of wanting to get parts here in a hurry so you can get started, but take it slowly. Your patience will be rewarded.

Hasid Lafre
08-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Ive been planning for a couple years or so now and have had 1 saber in 3 or 4 versions and I have spent a good chunk of change.

But I hope this saber Iam working on I wont get bored with it down the road like my previous saber .

Jak-Jak
08-03-2008, 09:55 PM
You would be wise to take your time and plan it all carefully. No point rushing it, and having to pay shipping twice. I've been planning out a saber for two weeks now, and I'm still not ready to place my order.

I know the feeling of wanting to get parts here in a hurry so you can get started, but take it slowly. Your patience will be rewarded.

Great advice. Thank you. :-D