PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Anakin conversion out of stock. How?

spastik
08-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi All

*noob alert.

I just bought a 2005 MR anakin and just discovered about luxeon conversions.
I would like to convert the saber but so far I can't find any conversion kits on ultrasabers (sold out) and tcss (don't see it on the MR conversion list). Is there any way around this? I would be happy even if the saber does not retain it's original look. so if like some other kit would work out i'd be happy to use that as well. Also would the old 3xAA battery pack still be usable? Would battery life be affected vs the stock MR?

Thanks for the help.

Kal El Rah
08-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Hi there and let me be the 1st to welcome you to the TSCC vbb boards.To the point, the conversions at ultrasabers might be back soon,they were working on ebay and have not had the time to make any conversion kits,also since the 2005 ROTS Aniken hasn't been made since then, it is unknown if they will produce anymore at this time.You may want to send them an email and find out(verify). TCSS should also be contacted. Hope that helps out a bit.:confused:

I have don a LUX 3 White on my with the ultra kit a year ago and it does use the stock batt. pack, the only thing that is replaced is the led strip with a new holder, so yes it will retain the pac.

spastik
08-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Hi thanks for the welcome.

I don't suppose a luke ANH would fit? that is out of stock as well.
Heck I'm happy to just use some metal tube it that would work.
So tired of babying the FX blade.

Kal El Rah
08-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi again here is a link to the conversion service and cost, but again I advise you contact them 1st to find out if and how long it will take:

http://www.ultrasabers.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MIC%2DAROTS

spastik
08-03-2008, 09:56 AM
yeah i saw that one. problem is that cause i don't live in the states it's not very cost efficient for me to do a mail in conversion. I'm better off just buying a new saber.

I'm now contemplating the possibility of cramming all the FX electronics into an MHS hilt and just change to LED using one of the conversion tutorials.

Might do a search later and see if there's any posts on this.

Thanks so much for the help so far though.

Kal El Rah
08-03-2008, 02:45 PM
You are most welcome:p

By the way, where are you at, don't have to say, but then again that's what pm's are for.

spastik
08-11-2008, 09:55 AM
wow fingers crossed JQLightsabers might be able to get them.

Lord Dottore Matto
08-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Dude, these work well. You may need to use some tape to increase the diameter a scoche, but I have used them and they work well. I assume the one in the shop would also work, but it is out of stock.

http://www.graflexshop.com/luxeonkits.htm

felix142
08-13-2008, 06:15 AM
I've been beating this dead horse for a while.

Hasbro will be rolling out FX sabers this fall. From What I've read, they're going to start with Anakin ROTS and Vader (Not sure which version). Once these are out, all of us lemmings will eagerly buy them. They are going to be the same saber that MR produced. I have little doubt that once these are released, there will be a renewed demand for conversion kits. Tim stopped making them because MR stopped making sabers. If you want a great conversion kit for your Anakin saber that won't require tape or other gap filling measures, I strongly advise that you wait a few months to see if they're available in the store. Email Tim. He'll tell you if he's planning conversion kits or not.

B.

xwingband
08-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Doing a conversion without a kits is possible. I've got just two kits left and every other saber I've been doing without. If you're creative you can do it. I usually take aluminum tubes and either use a slug for the heatsink or the "custom" heatsink sold here. It's really no different than many of Ultra's conversions (which I think people should stop linking to out of respect for Tim's business).