PDA

View Full Version : Luke ANH Conversion

Jedibowls
07-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Anyone know of a conversion kit, or anyone that does a conversion on the Luke ANH that replaces the plastic ring around the blade? Would an Aninkin kit work for this? Thank you

eastern57
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
MR was pretty good about size consistancy, by that I mean: seeing as how the plastic blade holder for the Vader, Anakin, and Luke ANH can all use the same size conversion insert, it's reasonable to believe that the old Anakin conversion kit could fit the Luke ANH.

But, you'd have to hunt one down. Outside of that I don't know of any others available... if you get the dimensions, you might be able to get TIm or someone to machine one for you.

GusKenobi
07-30-2008, 01:46 PM
I did a couple conversions with the Anakin kit..it does work...and rather well ive found.

I posted a conversion tutorial at Fx saber forums.

I am also getting a couple more of the led holders machined right now and am waiting to find out what they end up costing me. ill have extra so let me know if youd like one.

Darth Leximus
07-30-2008, 02:22 PM
I would be interested in a Ani holder, very much interested

eastern57
07-30-2008, 02:32 PM
If this is gonna turn into a sale - then it has to move out. TCSS isn't the place to deal.

Darth Leximus
07-30-2008, 02:35 PM
I would never attempt a sale on TCSS forums.

I was just expressing interest in a part that Tim no longer makes/sells anyway.

Obviously any talks of transactions would be done away from the public forums.

GusKenobi
07-30-2008, 09:11 PM
just to clarify it is not a Blade holder the conversion i use only is more like ultras Anikan ..you still keep the plastic blade holder..cuz you really got to bash the blade pretty hard to get the plastic to snap when its wedged in a metal tube

felix142
07-30-2008, 09:32 PM
If you're worried about conversion kit availabilty, it might not be a bad idea to shelve the project for a few months.

Tim seems to cut new bladeholders based on demand and since Master Replicas dropped the line, there hasn't been much demand. From what I've read, Hasbro seems content to roll out the same design as the previous MR line, and possibly expand in the future. Trust me, Hasbro is not going to miss out on all the $$ that they can get by reissuing the same sabers that MR made. Once they get into production, people WILL buy them and I'm sure Tim will consider another run of bladeholders that fit for those who want to do conversions.

If I'm wrong, you'll be in no worse shape in a few months.

Kal El Rah
08-02-2008, 03:07 PM
The latest news I have about Hasbro is that the 1st 2 sabers to be released are the Vader ANH and the Aniken ROTS, hopefully by the end of the year.:D

When the 1st batch goes on sale,they will be overstock(unsold) MR sabers, repackaged with Hasbro Name on the Box and relabeled pommel with Habro instead of MR.

Kurosawa
08-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Has anyone here tried the 1.25" Sink tube LED/Blade holder in the luke Saber?

felix142
08-04-2008, 11:00 PM
The latest news I have about Hasbro is that the 1st 2 sabers to be released are the Vader ANH and the Aniken ROTS, hopefully by the end of the year.:D

When the 1st batch goes on sale,they will be overstock(unsold) MR sabers, repackaged with Hasbro Name on the Box and relabeled pommel with Habro instead of MR.

My point is that I don't expect Hasbro to have any imagination. They'll most likely repackage the original designs while rolling out some new sabers.

Face it. We're tools. All of us.

Hasbro will roll out the same sabers that we've already seen and we'll buy them because we've all drank the Kool-Aid. That will foster the demand for Tim to cut more bladeholders for the existing sabers. That's why I suggest that laying off of the project for a few months might not be the worst idea.

swear000
08-04-2008, 11:16 PM
yum! Kool-Aid!