PDA

View Full Version : How are mace's leds purple

Matt
03-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Well i recently took apart my new mace and still hope to convert it my leds will arrive in the morning so i thought i would go ahead and have it disassembled for in the morning... and what do i find when i take the blade out, blue led's??? that's not right. ??? hrmm... so what do i find when i look down the inside of the blade?? an extra red diffuser to turn the light purple. Well i now see our great freinds how ever crafty with hilts, are still to lazy to get purple's for mace and just used anakins blue. no wonder they aren't near as bright!!!

Form II: Makashi.

After Form I's proliferation as a saber combat technique, Form II or "Way of the Ysalamiri," came about as a means of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat. It is described as being very elegant, powerful, and requiring extreme precision. The blade manipulation required for this form is very refined and requires much focus, but the results are extremely powerful. Count Dooku, from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, has mastered Form II to the highest degree, fighting with the precision built into the ancient technique.

scaarmor
03-07-2006, 10:49 AM
To date as far as I understand it, you cannot get purple LEDs. Thats why they had to use blue with a red filter. You can tell also by comparing two MRs next to each other. If you look closly the Mace blade appears pink and all others white- this is of coarse when they are turned off.

Cain

***A man is known by the enemies he carries, so make the best ones you can.***

***Give me a decent foothold and I will move the world.***

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

bazuka
03-07-2006, 11:35 AM
They make purple (violet)...
http://www.theledlight.com/5mmcoloredleds.html

It's LED_5_15_VT.

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will.

Do-Clo
03-07-2006, 11:40 AM
The purple leds are not available in what is called high brightness, so the amount of light that they put out is very low compared to other leds. That is why they used bright blue with a red filter to produce purple in the MR Mace saber so that the blade would be brighter.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

xwingband
03-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Exactly, they're weak because really the LED itself is being filtered. Purple is just really hard to make and it's a fact of sabermaking.

<center>http://www.geocities.com/ghost_soldiers_unit/gs_banner_trans2.gif
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

james3
03-07-2006, 11:54 AM
I have used the purple LED's on other stuff they are not that great. As explained, they just aren't bright.

Matt
03-07-2006, 12:08 PM
I know that the purple led isn't that bright, but it can't be much dimer than the stock mace fx. there is just no complarision to the others, i guess i just expected more out of my 120$ lol[:D]

Form II: Makashi.

After Form I's proliferation as a saber combat technique, Form II or "Way of the Ysalamiri," came about as a means of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat. It is described as being very elegant, powerful, and requiring extreme precision. The blade manipulation required for this form is very refined and requires much focus, but the results are extremely powerful. Count Dooku, from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, has mastered Form II to the highest degree, fighting with the precision built into the ancient technique.

james3
03-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I would be willing to bet that the purple LED's are not as bright as the blue w/ red diffuser. When I say they are not brite I mean that unless you are in total darkness you can't always tell if they are on.

OB Wayne
03-07-2006, 02:50 PM
here's a good question that i'd like answered, what kind of LEDs are used in the strand of a stock MR blade. I'd like to replace or fix a connection on one of the bulbs. i am of course speaking of what size and style the LEDs are. just want to specify so people don't answer something that i didn't ask.

thanks for any help

bazuka
03-07-2006, 03:54 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by OB Wayne

here's a good question that i'd like answered, what kind of LEDs are used in the strand of a stock MR blade. I'd like to replace or fix a connection on one of the bulbs. i am of course speaking of what size and style the LEDs are. just want to specify so people don't answer something that i didn't ask.

thanks for any help
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

They are 5mm without the ridge on the bottom. As far as beam pattern/angularity goes, I have no idea.

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-07-2006, 05:17 PM
cool, im gonna slap a red filter i got from tim in the graflex with the blue led and see if i get purplish color.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

supertrogdor
03-07-2006, 05:34 PM
on that note Lan, has anyone tried color disks on colored LEDs?
a red disk on a blue LED or visa versa to get a windu Purple? Pictures, i request if any of you have tried this

Do-Clo
03-07-2006, 06:35 PM
It would have to be a red filter with a blue led because the red led is so much brighter than the blue it wouldn't look very good with a red led and a blue filter. The best would be white led and a purple filter disk from Tim.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

xwingband
03-07-2006, 06:42 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by supertrogdor

on that note Lan, has anyone tried color disks on colored LEDs?
a red disk on a blue LED or visa versa to get a windu Purple? Pictures, i request if any of you have tried this
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It was either Tetmatek or Lan that has tried this and Do-Clo is right that Blue over Red doesn't work. I don't believe he, whichever had said they tried it, that they had done Red over Blue though.

<center>http://www.geocities.com/ghost_soldiers_unit/gs_banner_trans2.gif
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

elrond.406
12-07-2006, 08:42 PM
can there be black leds? Becuz black light bulbs are purplish, kinda... :?

xwingband
12-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Blacklight LEDs... yup, it's been done. At this point there are enough powerful whites out there that that's almost a novellty.