PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasabers Fire Orange

LeMoel
07-27-2008, 02:43 AM
Hi i haven seen alot of ultrasaber's Fire Orange video's/pictures and it apears to be a "real Orange" led, now i have been told that since Ultrasabers buys them in the bult they are able to play around with bins or get bins that are really close to orange basically by getting 3 watt orange/Red led and then just geting the closest bin to orange

Now my question is , I am right abotu this and is this a true orange led since they can get the best binns or is it just a Red orange led which leans a bit more towards orange than red????

looks orange to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9-_O_68mro

Onli-Won Kanomi
07-27-2008, 03:31 AM
I have 3 of Ultra's "Fire Orange"...they are a Luxeon III but amber not red-orange...Ultra gets bins on the orange side of amber and they do look orange in person not yellow.

Ultra does use red orange Lux IIIs too...thats what his "Blazing Red" is: red-orange Lux III that he gets binned on the red side, and they do look red in person not orange.

Hasid Lafre
07-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Ultra uses bin 4 ambers and I beleave his redos are bin 2 or 3.

LeMoel
07-27-2008, 02:40 PM
OOOOH amber duh, thanx guys, but he doesnt cell his leds alone does he

Hasid Lafre
07-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Nope. But you can buy one of his led moduels and keep the led and sell the thing off or you could ask tim if hes got any bin 4 ambers lying around. Persionally I would get a bin 5 or 6. Its his film that helps bring out the color which anyone can get.

LeMoel
07-27-2008, 07:58 PM
you mean the ultra film?