PDA

View Full Version : I'm new so this has probably been said...

Colm24e
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
But has anyone tried to have one of those spinning weights inside their saber?
To make it vibrate...perhaps lightly when its normally on, Or possibly on the momentary switch when its in a saber lock up...i just think that would be really cool to have it shake during one of them.:p

Lord Preston
07-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Oh please dont get me started. My friend used to have one, and he would let me play with the saber all day. He never told me about the vibration switch, and when he turned it on for me, I dropped the saber right away. It was the worst thing ever to add to a saber, ever. Trust me, don't ever put one in your saber. If you do, you will be ripping the device out right away.

TimeRender
07-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Actually many of us use small vibrating motors in our sabers. I didn't really notice the vibration at first, so I removed the motor. When I turned my saber back on I realized how big a difference it made, and consequently reinstalled it. If you use a small motor like one from a pager, the vibration effect will be very subtle but will add a great deal of realism.

Novastar
07-23-2008, 11:20 PM
I use small motors in both of the Flange III sabers now. They are pretty AWESOME. :)

Granted, I have them "tied in" with the Luxeon's current... so they "ebb & flow" with the blade flicker. Which is, again... MOST ideal and very awesome.

Darth_DevilGuy
07-24-2008, 09:19 AM
the manual for the CF has instructions on how to do it, I'm toying with the idea for my next saber, depends how much extra space I have...

xwingband
07-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah, the idea is older than the hills. Personally I tone it down A LOT. Like no more than 20mA or so. Barely enough to get it spinning because otherwise it will feel like an electric razor. Without a driver like Corbin's or a CF to make it in-sync with a flickering blade it's pretty annoying IMO.

Another option is to have it kick on impacts, that's again a driver thing.