PDA

View Full Version : How to dismantle a Force FX Luke Ep VI

Admiral Akbar
07-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Can Someone please help me?

I have searched forums & tutorials form here to Mos Eisley & I cannot find anyone to tell me how to dismantle a Force FX Luke Ep VI lightsaber!

I have taken off the pommel & taken the battery pack out. I have unscrewed the switch assembly & poked the switch back through to unscrew the lower piece of hilt/tube which houses the battery pack.

I am now looking at a black plastic plate inside the remaining piece of hilt with five sprung loaded contacts on it. There is what appears to be a black plastic ring round the outside of the plate split in two, one half of which has the triangular pillar protruding from it.

My Question is - How the hell do I get the rest of it apart?? There are no brass screws as one person suggested. The split ring doesn't seem to pop out. I cant get purchase on the contacts to try unscrewing the plate. There doesn't seem to be any other part of the hilt to unscrew but if these sabers can be converted they must come apart !!

Please, can anyone tell me how!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arm on Fire
07-22-2008, 08:21 AM
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9540.0

Admiral Akbar
07-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks Arm On Fire! I found this site about an hour ago but your help is much apreciated!!