PDA

View Full Version : Ire- new MHS staff saber

Stinky Bantha
07-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Short name for a long saber... here's my new MHS staff saber. It's got 2 resistor-driven Seoul P4's on 2 separate 4AA nimh packs. Each one has a recharge port on a washer sitting on the lip of the threading in the grip section, so they don't get in the way on the exterior and they're easy to access for recharging... just screw it apart and stick the chord in the pommel end. I'll get pictures of the innards soon. For now, here she is:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2ld7la0.jpg

sekrogue1985
07-20-2008, 05:05 PM
nice looking wow.

Phiily Manyaan
07-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah that's awesome. I'm a lightside guy, but I dig that "castle" emitter.

Braxus
07-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Beautiful saber there bud.

any plans for sound? you can make sound holes into the ribbed sections.

love those blade holders!!! do they hold the blade good enough for dueling?

eastern57
07-20-2008, 08:57 PM
the the two halves screwed together? or is that a "retaining' screw in the middle there? anyway, looks good - everythings lined up right... :)

LeMoel
07-21-2008, 01:34 AM
are they white seoul p4s?vvery cool by the way,nice looking

Stinky Bantha
07-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the comments, everyone! The two halves are actually screwed together MHS-style. The extra screw is just where the covertech knob was (that ribbed section was part of another saber at one point) and I haven't put a matching one on the other side yet.

The P4's are indeed white, but once I get my blades, they'll be filtered using some of Tim's disks. I'm going for an orangey-yellow.

As for dueling with the blade-holders, I don't have my blades yet, so I'm not sure. They seem pretty darn solid, and I can't imagine anything short of bashing them into a concrete wall would distort the forks.

37H4N
07-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Awesome saber SB! Yellow-Orange was exactly I was thinking would look good with it.
Can't wait for pics with blades.

Braxus
07-21-2008, 09:11 PM
As for dueling with the blade-holders, I don't have my blades yet, so I'm not sure. They seem pretty darn solid, and I can't imagine anything short of bashing them into a concrete wall would distort the forks.

awesome!! deffinetly thinking of useing em on my next saber :D

LeMoel
07-22-2008, 02:09 AM
man i would orderr some free lee filters,they have some great yellow-oranges, lots of different variations to choose from. you lose brightness with the color discs

DDanDevious
07-22-2008, 06:29 AM
that is sweeeeeet.

DDD

Stinky Bantha
07-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Got my blades in (finally). This thing is BRIGHT. I don't think I'll be using the filters, though... the brightness isn't as stunning, and the color's a bit washed out for my taste.

(This is an unlit room, btw)

http://i35.tinypic.com/2myyjr4.jpg

eastern57
07-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Dude, you can barely see the prongs on the BH!! So bright... almost angelic...

37H4N
07-28-2008, 07:12 PM
That is so awesome! I can't believe how bright that is.

One problem I run into though with bright LED sabers is that when you swing them in front of your face it blinds you for like a second so not to good in a duel.

I have to say it again, that is so awesome! I just love how bright it is.

eastern57
07-28-2008, 10:06 PM
LOL! I never thought of that... but if a saber gets that close to my face, chances are it's gonna hit me... so not ninja...

MaverickJsmith
07-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Good lord! :shock: You could use that as a lamp (more :shock:)

I've been wondering how bright those P4's are, now I know (yet more :shock:)

Post a video! And make us all squee :mrgreen:

Maverick :shock:

vadeblade
07-29-2008, 10:21 AM
OMG!! :shock:
How about using Lee filters? Here is the link if you don't have a swatch book http://www.leefilters.com/lighting/contact/.

Pure white is quite unique looking. I really like it.

Stinky Bantha
07-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Awesome.. I think I will get one of those swatch books.

Also, here's a short video... you can really see how bright these things are just by looking at how much of the room is lit up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq0DpW43UMw

37H4N
07-29-2008, 08:49 PM
The vid was cool! Just a whirl of blinding white.

Chen
07-29-2008, 08:59 PM
That was so sweet. I'm getting fond flashbacks to your Rancor now too. I kept imagining the ancient sword sound font while that saber staff was whirling.

Question: It sounds like your staff is designed to separate. Can you dual-wield with the IRe?

Stinky Bantha
08-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Question: It sounds like your staff is designed to separate. Can you dual-wield with the IRe?

Wow... totally missed this question, sorry XD. Yep, I've got an extra pommel that I can put on one side (I usually just leave the double male as the pommel for the other) and I can dual wield them.

The individual sabers are actually very well balanced, I was quite pleased. The balance point is just at the seam between the emitter and the choke point.