PDA

View Full Version : corbin driver reset voltage question?

xoliilox
07-20-2008, 06:07 AM
If I switch LEDs from say a lux 5 to a lux 3 wired to corbin's driver, do I need to cut all power to the board (not just turn it off via switch), so as to reset the boards output voltage and thus not damage the LED? I know this is necessary with a CF... (just as a note: I will have it hooked up to a 7.2v battery pack)

Novastar
07-20-2008, 01:36 PM
As a general rule, there is no harm in doing so. That is, cutting the power completely... and THEN swapping the LED.

However, it's possible that Corbin's board polls for the voltage every time the switch is triggered. But I'll be honest, I've no idea.

Thing is, you can't go wrong cutting the power... :)

xoliilox
07-20-2008, 08:04 PM
clearly this was all an attempt to practice laziness;) but the truth is, I'll have a recharge port that works as a kill switch, and tend to kill the electronics when I work on them, so the question now seems a bit silly :D

maybe this question is purely useful to obtain greater knowledge, but I have a feeling I can live without it...

eastern57
07-20-2008, 08:09 PM
clearly this was all an attempt to practice laziness;) but the truth is, I'll have a recharge port that works as a kill switch, and tend to kill the electronics when I work on them, so the question now seems a bit silly :D

maybe this question is purely useful to obtain greater knowledge, but I have a feeling I can live without it...

LOL!! Clearly ;) ...one must ask, do I exist for me? ... or to facilitate the the un-dumbing of the masses?
:)

Eandori
07-21-2008, 05:15 PM
The answer is.... it entirely depends on how Corbin designed his board. I could list reasons why just about any action you took would damage equipment... assuming the board was made one way or another.

The ONLY good choice in this thread is get the answer from either the man himself, or the Specs he (hopefully) wrote for that board.

xwingband
07-21-2008, 07:54 PM
When I think about it on the old version I swapped and didn't bother reseting at all. Until the CF I really didn't care one bit about cutting the power. I never turned the saber on while charging so I never cared about the possibility of messing something up that way.

So tentativly I'd say that it doesn't need to be reset if it's like the old version.

Novastar
07-22-2008, 12:42 AM
There is no harm in cutting the power to Corbin's v1 (or v2) and then "feeding" it a Lux V.