PDA

View Full Version : Bent nylon tube ???

jamesjeffh
07-19-2008, 01:19 PM
I've been ordering 1 1/4 O.D 1/16 walled nylon tube from mcmaster for a couple of months now but recently I have gotten a few that were bent just a little bit its not noticable to the eye right off on some cases but once you light the blade up the film wrinkles and above the bend the blade isnt lit up the same at all. Anybody have any suggestions to straighten them out for good ? I've tried putting in a dowel rod but once its taken out it bends right back the way it was very slowly. Should I even try to straighten them out or cut my losses and try another source (of which I havent found either )

Malaki Skywalker
07-20-2008, 01:49 PM
I've been ordering 1 1/4 O.D 1/16 walled nylon tube from mcmaster for a couple of months now but recently I have gotten a few that were bent just a little bit its not noticable to the eye right off on some cases but once you light the blade up the film wrinkles and above the bend the blade isnt lit up the same at all. Anybody have any suggestions to straighten them out for good ? I've tried putting in a dowel rod but once its taken out it bends right back the way it was very slowly. Should I even try to straighten them out or cut my losses and try another source (of which I havent found either )

I would say use a heat gun then stick a dowel in it, see how it turns out :)

jamesjeffh
07-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Great idea I'll try it out thanks a ton .

Hasid Lafre
07-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Ask X he should know