PDA

View Full Version : 1.5" MHS to sink tube adapter question

Slimer7
03-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Will the adapter for the MHS to the sink tub be able to hold the Luxeon LED and the heat sink the same way that it works with the MHS saber kits? Can this also be used to aid in the quick change process? Thanks
Aaron

Nightwing
03-06-2006, 01:27 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Slimer7

Will the adapter for the MHS to the sink tub be able to hold the Luxeon LED and the heat sink the same way that it works with the MHS saber kits? Can this also be used to aid in the quick change process? Thanks
Aaron
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Dude!! I'm Aaron too!!! lol.

To answer your question, I think so. I think that's why we have the adapter in the first place: so people can use the MHS blade holder with the sink tube.

Do-Clo
03-06-2006, 01:49 PM
The adapter inserts into the end of your sink tube and then you can screw on the mhs led holder just like on a mhs hilt. This allows you to use the mhs parts with a sink tube.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

Slimer7
03-06-2006, 02:00 PM
ok, so the LED holder simply sets in the adapter as if it would with the MHS, thanks

xwingband
03-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Yes, it works the same way the main modular piece does it's just shorter basically and has the holes pre-tapped for atttaching to the sink tube.

<center>http://www.geocities.com/ghost_soldiers_unit/gs_banner_trans2.gif
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Jonitus
03-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Tim,

Does the MHS to sink tube adapter have enough "meat" (wall thickness) to be machined down to 1.440" (the ID of a 20 gauge sinktube) and still be structurally sound?

...how will you know the light unless you have seen the dark? How will you know the good unless you have flirted with the evil?

Do-Clo
03-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Jonitus, Tim machined down an adapter to fit inside of a heiland flash handle which is smaller than the 20 gauge sink tube and it had plenty of material left.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

Jonitus
03-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Excellent!

Well, time to go shopping...

...how will you know the light unless you have seen the dark? How will you know the good unless you have flirted with the evil?