PDA

View Full Version : how does the blade stay in the hilt?

curtainguy
11-13-2005, 07:30 PM
THIS MAY BE A DUM, ANSWERED EASILY QUESTION BUT WHAT KEEPS THE BLADE IN THE HILT. I UNDERSTAND HOW THE FEMALE END OF THE MONO PLUG SATYS IN, BUT IS THE MALE END SCREWED INTO THE EMITTER AS WELL?

Strydur
11-13-2005, 10:12 PM
It is held in place by a set screw or thumb screw

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

spongerd82
01-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Any plans on makeing a Graflex red button or glass eye blade screw? Or any idea on how to find or make one.

xwingband
01-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Tim's blade holder works in the Graflex. I imagine the top part itself which is meant to hold the lightbulb would do okay for holding the blade in. You might want to ask a member who has done this. LAN-ED-TUL has done it with an LED. So I assume it could be done with EL too.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

suit_man
01-26-2006, 09:59 AM
i am making a red button thumbscrew by using a big hex head screw, the red plastic thing from a pushbutton switch and a phillips head screw. also, does anyone know the diameter of the redbutton on a real graflex? i can post pictures of any of this stuff if someone doesn't understand.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Strydur
01-26-2006, 11:33 AM
My EL graflex holders should be here any day now.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

xwingband
01-26-2006, 12:29 PM
So these are going to be like your normal holders but have the spots for the ports and buttons? LED version too???[:D]

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

spongerd82
01-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Looking foward to the graflex blade holder.!!

LAN-ED-TUL
01-27-2006, 08:47 PM
yep, i might just have to get one and revamp the regular led holder i used in my real graflex led saber i just built. then i can reuse that old led holder in another hilt, maybe. hey tim, when they arrive post good pics of it. sounds real promising.[:D][:D][:D]

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...