PDA

View Full Version : Luke 2005 sound problems

NickVader
07-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey guys, I've been wandering this forum for a while but only recently joined. Anyway, I have an MR Luke 2005, and for some reason the sound won't work. The LED's all work fine, but there's no sound at all. Now, this saber has had battery leakage at one point and the contacts were pretty dirty. However, using an old toothbrush, I was able to clean them and the saber started working perfectly again. But now the sound won't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Jay-gon Jinn
07-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Hey guys, I've been wandering this forum for a while but only recently joined. Anyway, I have an MR Luke 2005, and for some reason the sound won't work. The LED's all work fine, but there's no sound at all. Now, this saber has had battery leakage at one point and the contacts were pretty dirty. However, using an old toothbrush, I was able to clean them and the saber started working perfectly again. But now the sound won't work. Any help would be appreciated.

It may be the contact pin for the speaker negative is corroded on the inside of the soundboard housing.

NickVader
07-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Novastar
07-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Well, that depends on many things, but--that MAY not be the problem. Some things to try:

* new battery cells
* clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol and a rag... use 90% alc and it should be fine, won't harm anything
* if possible, try another batt + SPK pack (if you have another MR with a similar pack)
* check to be certain the pins deeper into the saber are connecting properly... if one is blocked it can disable the sound.