PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Luke ROTJ EL

Gawd
07-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Good morning. I’ve been with TCSS for a while now however this is my first post. If I’ve gone about it wrong my apologizes.

So far most of my info searches have gone fruitless on the whole, with tidbits of info here and there, making this approach more a necessity of frustration than laziness.

Last week I purchased, off ebay, what I thought was a broke blade 2005 Luke but the gentleman listed incorrect info and I received a 2003. (Not really sure how to mistake the two since it’s printed on the pommel but that’s not here nor there anymore.)

I’ve gotten the break down finished and the board feel to foreign to proceed without running some stuff past you guys. From what I can tell the board is only wired to the speaker positive and the speaker negative is being ground to an empty Bat Pack post. Is anyone familiar with this wiring setup? The ground was pulled loose already from the speaker so I haven’t actually heard anything, even before dissemble. So honestly I’m not sure if my trials are bust because of user error or because something was a miss and the board is fried. The blade was broken at the lowest point inside the hilt and the brown and red wires were exposed and sliced. I’m not having trouble with the LED conversion, it works fine, just the sound. Is it possible that before shipping the young man could have touched the light wires and fried the sound? Or would that have killed the lights too? I have learned from other posts that I’m under powering the board with a 4AAA pack since the EL boards did require all 6 AAs’ unlike the new parallels. But why would the sound not work with the original setup? I wired the Brown/Red into a MR LED Strip just to check and I lit up fine but without sound.

Maybe it’s a junk board. I really don’t know anymore and could use a hand.

Thanks All.