PDA

View Full Version : The Sith Redemption with TCSS cyan Lux III

Lord Dottore Matto
07-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Hi all, this one isn't as cool as the Paladin, but I made it with a back-story in mind. It is meant to represent the saber of a redeemed Sith Lord (any old sith lord would do!) It is a one-piece sink tube hilt with a MHS style I blade holder and 616 "Vader" pommel. I thought a toggle switch would fit. It is highlighted by a lux III bin 1 cyan LED driven by a 700 mA buckpuck. I tried 2 700's but it was painfully bright. It's true purpose in life is to hit other sabers, hence the unibody design.;)

All of the pix are at: http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/drdicarlo/Sith%20Redemption/

I did include the small composites below for those who would rather not click on a link;)

Hasid Lafre
07-12-2008, 03:57 AM
If your not gonna overdrive it underdriving it will be less than craptacular.

ArkaiHalon
07-12-2008, 05:08 AM
Nice looking saber, and love the back story to it. Does that switch guard get in teh way, seems alittle big.

Dunno, looks plenty bright to me in his pix. and if he likes it,then it's obviosly not crap.

sekrogue1985
07-12-2008, 06:24 AM
very nice I like it and those bin 1 cyan a to die for hehehe

Lord Dottore Matto
07-12-2008, 02:04 PM

I drove it with this weird driver that I got on flea bay. I looked at the label and it says 750mA, but it seems as bright as 2 700mA buckpucks, I can't explain it, other than maybe the driver is a little wacky???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250264530621

Lord Dottore Matto
07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Nice looking saber, and love the back story to it. Does that switch guard get in teh way, seems alittle big.

Dunno, looks plenty bright to me in his pix. and if he likes it,then it's obviosly not crap.

Thanks for the kind words! The guard works surprisingly well, no accidental off while spinning (the height is the same as the height of the toggle switch)

It really is very bright, I did not modify (other than size) at all. ;)

MaverickJsmith
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Very nice, good use of available parts. The emitter is very interesting.

Good work :D

Maverick

Lord Dottore Matto
07-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Very nice, good use of available parts. The emitter is very interesting.

Good work :D

Maverick

Thanks Mav! To me, the emitter gives the saber its character! :p

strengthofrage
07-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Nice saber :) I ordered a cyan after seeing this.

I am curious about the 750mA "Pulse" driver... what is the "pulse" I wonder and how different than a buckpuck is it... I bet Nova or X would know.

Lord Dottore Matto
07-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Nice saber :) I ordered a cyan after seeing this.

I am curious about the 750mA "Pulse" driver... what is the "pulse" I wonder and how different than a buckpuck is it... I bet Nova or X would know.

I don't know what the difference is, I could not find much info on it so I decided to simply try one to see if they work, and it seems that they do. I can't speak as to how they affect LED life etc.

Novastar, X-wing you are my only hopses...:confused: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250264530621