PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Rebel Optic

Jay-gon Jinn
07-11-2008, 05:58 PM
I was browsing LED-supply today, and found this:
http://www.ledsupply.com/db-opml-3-025.php

It's for a tri-rebel endor star, is 21mm in diameter, and does not require a holder. I'm not sure how well it'll work in a saber, though, with 25deg illumintaion pattern.

LeMoel
07-11-2008, 07:14 PM
hmm i think 25 degree would work we need xwing to take a look at this

Onli-Won Kanomi
07-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Oooooh this sounds promising...I'm wondering if "25 degree illumination pattern" means the total divergence of the beam...because IF so and if I understand Corbins first post on this thread correctly:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=2744

...then the 10 degree collimator lens many of us use now is actually 10 degrees each side or 20 degrees in total which would not be much different than 25 degree pattern IF that represents both sides...

...if on the other hand that is 25 degrees each side for 50 degrees in total then look down at the 45 degree pic of Corbins...still not all that horrible and considering the white Endors can be TWICE as bright as a P4 then perhaps the added 'horsepower' would eliminate any mid-blade dimming anyway?

I sure hope this will work for us...especially if it means that the custom colour Endors that Strydur talked about a few months ago will be forthcoming...I am so eager to try the FULL TRIPLE BRIGHT orange and purples that custom colour endors can make possible instead of the RGB that 'dials down' to 1.5-2 leds worth of brightness in orange and purple.

And with the new high power capable sound/driver boards in development here the future is looking bright indeed if these are finally the Endor optics we've been waiting for...

OK, Xwing you can splash the cold water of harsh reason on me now ;-)

xwingband
07-11-2008, 09:48 PM
That a pretty piss poor picture... can't tell anything. I hate that store because they don't tell you enough.

You're right if it's 25 total that would be okay, 12 degrees isn't bad. 25 as the half angle wouldn't do well though. The title is "medium" too... 25 is a typical medium pattern. We'd want the "narrow" one.

It's late if they have it undoubtably there is a spec sheet and a better source somewhere. I'll try to research tomorrow.

Strydur
07-12-2008, 09:15 AM
I have some on the way and will test it once they get here.

Novastar
08-01-2008, 12:46 AM
For the record, the ledsupply photo looks just as bad as the luxeonstar one.

But whatever--maybe it's worth testing... maybe not. I'm not sure if I'd want to fork over $40+ for a "Tri-LED" without being certain if the optics would essentially WASTE its awesomeness.

Then again... throwing 10v to 11v at the thing is going to be an arduous task as well... :rolleyes:

Hasid Lafre
08-01-2008, 03:52 AM
Meh I would just wire them up so you wouldn't have to send 10 or so volts.