PDA

View Full Version : Possibly a dumb thought...

Kant Lavar
07-10-2008, 04:41 AM
I'm not sure if this would work at all, but I figured I'd bring it up, just in case. (Forgive me if this is one of those dumb ideas that crops up every now and again, and just won't die.)

Would it be possible to combine the shimmer and clash flash of a Corbin board and the other functions of an MR? I was thinking if you wired up an MR as normal, wired the Corbin to the CF using the CF LED terminals to the Corbin power terminals, and the flash LED terminals from the CF to the clash sensor terminals of the Corbin, and then the Corbin LED terminals to the LED...

I could see having to wire the power in paralell, then combine the outputs of the CF and the Corbin to the LED, but I'm no expert.

So... am I crazy like a fox or just plain nuts?

Hasid Lafre
07-10-2008, 06:21 AM
I cant even tell what you want to do.

Dark Navel
07-10-2008, 06:36 AM
I'm with Hasid...Huuughh???:confused:

xwingband
07-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Yeah, WTH...

What does the MR have to do with it? A CF (assuming you mean crystal focus) and Corbin's is POINTLESS, the CF does everything Corbin's does and then some.

eastern57
07-10-2008, 10:27 AM
not crazy or nuts... but possibly dehydrated to incoherence. CF w/ Corbin or MR? No need. But what ever you want to do, you have to be more clear.

Novastar
07-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Kant, I forget... you DO own a CF, right? or was that you who said yours wasn't working or something?

To echo what the boys are saying--they're 100% right... it would not make much sense to do what you're saying. CF can already pulse, flicker or shimmer the blade in nearly ANY way you like... and it also can pulse/flicker (or even flash) on a clash detection.

As it is... that brings me to the point that wiring two or more boards together... is usually a pretty silly thing. It takes up more room, complicates wiring, and basically reminds me of the days of the poor gang-raped Sega Genesis with all the "add-ons" you could throw at each of its... uh... slots. I mean there was the 32x, the CD add-on and some other abomination. It made it pretty ridiculous.

I mean... MUST we re-visit past insane wiring mistakes?? -->
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pgYUqwG7BB8

:!::!::!:

:)

Darth Lars
07-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Eh.. Do you want a shimmering effect with a LED-strip?