PDA

View Full Version : The Paladin with new TCSS cyan Lux III

Lord Dottore Matto
07-04-2008, 07:44 PM
I thought that I'd go ahead and post my newest creation. It is made completely from MHS parts and has the new cyan bin 1 lux III that just came in (Tim shipped them to me the day before his vacation, Thanks Tim!). It also has an MR Anakin fx sound board, 4aaa battery pack and a radioshack crapola speaker. I named it the Paladin because it reminds me of a mace. I absolutely love this color LED and am using it on at least my next 6 projects!!! (and I have used it in more than 100 sabers to date ;))

grayven
07-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Really really nice. Where did you get that pomel?

Grayven

Lord Dottore Matto
07-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Really really nice. Where did you get that pomel?

Grayven

It is a brasscraft 2641 lavatory/sink handle from home depot (in store only). It is painted silver/chrome with charcoal accents. It is attached by a TCSS MHS gender changer http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Gender-Changer--P132.aspx All you have to do to make it into a pommel is dremel out the inside about 2mm and the gender changer screws in to the handle. Voila a nice pommel!;)

LeMoel
07-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Very Nice saber.... and for tim, thanks for getting those nice cyan's they look great!

do you think your going to be able to keep geting them? or are they really rare beause of the new cyans goin g greenish?

Drichar Deis
07-05-2008, 01:26 AM
Thats quite cool....

I might have to take a walk to a diy shop today, inspired me it has!

Lord Dottore Matto
07-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Thats quite cool....

I might have to take a walk to a diy shop today, inspired me it has!

Inspiration. One of the greatest gifts! Enjoy the trip!:-D

MaverickJsmith
07-05-2008, 05:37 AM
Verrry nice saber, I'll be tinkering with an idea you've given me after I'm done posting this, or sleeping, whichever overcomes me first :mrgreen:

I spot grip tape on that thin neck, nice idea :wink:

Maverick

Edit: I spy grip tape on the claws as well :mrgreen:

Treadingwolf
07-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Very nice indeed! That cyan is one of my favorite leds as well. The grip tape was a nice touch too btw, thank you for sharing. :)

Lord Dottore Matto
07-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Verrry nice saber, I'll be tinkering with an idea you've given me after I'm done posting this, or sleeping, whichever overcomes me first :mrgreen:

I spot grip tape on that thin neck, nice idea :wink:

Maverick

Edit: I spy grip tape on the claws as well :mrgreen:

Hmmm...yes, yes grip tape nearly as useful as duct tape it is!

Jedi-Loreen
07-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Good Saber name, I used the same one for my own new saber. :cool:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Lightsabers/saberBuilder_render.png

DaJoQuim
07-05-2008, 04:47 PM
wow great saber!!That saber rocks!!

jedi/storm
07-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Absolutely B.E.A.Utiful sorry guys bit of a "Bruce almighty" therelol as already said great pommel and the cyan led is great i wish my cyan came out that colour mine leans toward the green OH well

Lord Dottore Matto
07-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Good Saber name, I used the same one for my own new saber. :cool:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Lightsabers/saberBuilder_render.png

Ha Ha Ha Ha, Ahhh yes Loreen, now my path to the dark side is complete...wait my personal saber is named the Paladin...how?...when?...where?...why?...confusion sets in...fade to black...:confused:

Lord Dottore Matto
07-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Absolutely B.E.A.Utiful sorry guys bit of a "Bruce almighty" therelol as already said great pommel and the cyan led is great i wish my cyan came out that colour mine leans toward the green OH well

Hey Storm,
is it one of Tim's new ones? If not snap one of those bad boys up! They are VERY striking in real life!:p

DARTH KALEL
07-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Nice real nice. Love the paint work, looks really clean. also love the black on silver with the cyan.

Braxus
07-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Very nice saber. love the pommel :)

i think the simple creative touches is what makes a great saber.

Lord Dottore Matto
07-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks Guys. validation is always appreciated!:p:p:p

Forcestruck
07-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Fabulous looking Saber!

I know you said the pommel is a brasscraft 2641 lavatory/sink handle but I was curious what it was made of? Is it something that could be powdercoated?

Madcow
07-14-2008, 11:49 AM
oooo...

I didn't know you could do that with a fawcet handle and a gender changer MHS peice... cool.

MC

Darth Leximus
07-14-2008, 12:15 PM
yeah I did my daughters saber with one of those...

I used..

BH 4
Ribbed Extension
Generic sink knob from Home Depot, got 2 for 9 bucks.

I threw a white lux 3 with a deep pink Lee filter and just the simple resistor and normal TCSS push on/off switch which i was able to fit in the bottom of the sink knob (after a little grinding of the internals of the knob) After also grinding down the inner edges of the knob i was able to simply screw it on to the threaded end of the ribbed extension..End result was one of the smallest lightest sabers I've ever seen. i think yoda would be impressed!

I'll try to get some pics up soon

NickVader
07-14-2008, 03:58 PM
That thing is awesome! Just what you'd expect a big, armored Jedi to use

Lord Dottore Matto
07-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Fabulous looking Saber!

I know you said the pommel is a brasscraft 2641 lavatory/sink handle but I was curious what it was made of? Is it something that could be powdercoated?

It is one of those clear plastic handles. I am not exactly sure, but I bet it would depend on the temp needed to cure the powder.

Lord Dottore Matto
07-14-2008, 10:01 PM
yeah I did my daughters saber with one of those...

I used..

BH 4
Ribbed Extension
Generic sink knob from Home Depot, got 2 for 9 bucks.

I threw a white lux 3 with a deep pink Lee filter and just the simple resistor and normal TCSS push on/off switch which i was able to fit in the bottom of the sink knob (after a little grinding of the internals of the knob) After also grinding down the inner edges of the knob i was able to simply screw it on to the threaded end of the ribbed extension..End result was one of the smallest lightest sabers I've ever seen. i think yoda would be impressed!

I'll try to get some pics up soon

Lex, thats what I'm talkin about! Just a little dremel work and it screws right on (and is very solid). I can't wait to see the pix!;-)

Lord Dottore Matto
07-14-2008, 10:03 PM
That thing is awesome! Just what you'd expect a big, armored Jedi to use

I've already had three people try to 'borrow' it. Does that seem right for a Light Side Saber? I'm only sayin':shock:

Lord Dottore Matto
07-14-2008, 10:05 PM
oooo...

I didn't know you could do that with a fawcet handle and a gender changer MHS peice... cool.

MC

Yeah, I used to think the gender changers were kind of useless, but this is as good a use as any for them!:p

SaberFreak
06-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Where did you get the blade holder??

sgcdialler
06-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Dude, this thread is 7 years old. But to answer your question, that emitter is the MHS style 1 (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MHSV1-Blade-Holder-Style-1-P183.aspx) blade holder, with the MHS claw mount and claws added to it.

PhoenixHawk
06-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Ha Ha Ha Ha, Ahhh yes Loreen, now my path to the dark side is complete...wait my personal saber is named the Paladin...how?...when?...where?...why?...confusion sets in...fade to black...:confused:

Yeah thats realy great Lord Dottore Matto...your a Sith and you Saber is named..Paladin?... O_o
...Anyways...the Saber looks very cool...never thought one could use a sink handle as a pommel....very cool looking....like the Blade Holder also. :D

Also long time member just never posted anytime....haven't built a Saber yet so never figures i should offer my input....but i just had to respond to this one...lol.

SaberFreak
06-09-2015, 10:51 PM
K thanks! But where might I find the claws?

Miraluka
06-09-2015, 11:51 PM
If I were to guess, I'd say he probably cut them himself.

SaberFreak
06-10-2015, 05:53 AM
Damn... , does some one happen to know where i could buy some claws?!

Silver Serpent
06-10-2015, 10:19 AM
Buy? No. Make your own? Yeah, you can check out metal suppliers for some blocks or plates thick enough to work with, and cut out whatever shapes you need.

Wood is an alternative, that is easier to find and work with, though it may not fit the style of your saber.

Sevinzol
06-10-2015, 07:47 PM
I haven't done it but I'm sure you can CAD a pattern and then send the file and mats off to a company to have it laser/waterjet cut.

Miraluka
06-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Or if it's a display saber, you could 3D print them in plastic.

Silver Serpent
06-11-2015, 06:16 AM
Mmm, illuminated acrylic claws...

/me grabs his sketch pad