PDA

View Full Version : Yoda conversion?

_Reaver_
07-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Has anyone here done a Yoda Lux conversion? I'm curious as to the parts needed. I've been told the 1.25" blade holder works, but I've also heard it needs some milling. Anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance!

Arm on Fire
07-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Do-clo did one, I believe he had to make a custom emitter to fit every thing in,
There is a breakdown of one around here somewhere.
I dont think there would be enough room in the stock hilt for the lense,holder ,and a heatsink. In fact room is so sparce in the stock hilt, the clash sensor in the base of the blade.

_Reaver_
07-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Do-clo did one, I believe he had to make a custom emitter to fit every thing in,
There is a breakdown of one around here somewhere.
I dont think there would be enough room in the stock hilt for the lense,holder ,and a heatsink. In fact room is so sparce in the stock hilt, the clash sensor in the base of the blade.

It's tight, no argument there. Several people have pulled it off, though, including Yoda from FX-Sabers (who I'm trying to get more info from), and I believe Tim managed one, am I right Tim? So it's doable. And the blade holder depth is about the same as the Windu, so I'm not all that concerned about space. The clash sensor is so small, it will fit in the space where the threads are when you screw in the heatsink to the blade holder, or even tuck into the top of the soundboard holder, if need be. My #1 concern right now is the blade holder. I'm handy with a dremel and soldering iron, but not very up on millworks, so I just need some info on what to do there. Then I'll be set, and can move forward.

valeon
10-15-2008, 11:48 PM
I would be interested in Tim making a kit for it, maybe a machined replacement for the black plastic emitter with a screw in LED holder, would make things REALLY simple.