PDA

View Full Version : Using C or D Batteries

TsaiAuron
07-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Maybe someone can point me in the right direction, or at least help me out in some way. I saw a picture of someone who had made their Hilt and used C or D batteries to power the blade. Basically they screwed off the bottom and tossed the batteries in, like a flashlite, then screwed the bottom back on.

Does anyone know how to do this, or have any experience this this type of battery placement? Thanks.

Tenric Starkindler
07-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Sounds like someone who started with a flashlight and changed the LED and added a blade and outer shell......I have heard of it being done, but not who has done it.

Lord Maul
07-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Alex at Ultrasabers did a hilt like that. It was all custom machined aluminum for the hilt as I recall. It'd be easiest to just start with a flashlight and work your way from there.

TsaiAuron
07-10-2008, 11:21 AM
I just figured it would be easier to to take the pommel off and drop some new batteries in, rather than pull out the battery pack and do it that way. Oh well, it is a very insignificant inconvience.

Vorrt saBinring
07-16-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm pretty new here at TCSS forums but it
seems that many sabers run on 4 to 6 cells.

In such case might 'half D' cells be a plausible alternative?

1.2v 3500 mAh

http://www.batteryjunction.com/0-5-d-cell.html

Lord Maul
07-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Those would fit I think, but it'd be a really tight fit. You'd have only like .2" of clearance on the sides.