PDA

View Full Version : Wiring up first saber TOTAL NOOBAGE!!!!

Master Dru-Er
06-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Ok moving along with my build (i think:()..........
I was hoping to read through the threads but like most people ive seen im a visual learner through trial and error so heres my first attempt:
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4929/wiringnu3.jpg

Its kinda small but this is what everything is:
grey=speaker
red=on/off button
green=fx sound card
dark blue=recharge port
blue=1000 buck puck
yellow=batteries
white=led
red lines=+
black lines=-
So how ive got it is all the juice running through recharge port before going to activation button. from button 2 +'s to buck puck and fx board with grounds. From fx to speaker +'s and -'s. (take note do not want to run LED through fx card might go to a red or amber sometime and would rather use the pucks) form buck to LED +'s and -'s. -'s from button back to recharge port and then back to battery.

Tear it apart! (I know i cant be right this was too simple)

Darth Leximus
06-30-2008, 07:42 AM
OK so I have no experience wiring recharge ports, but I can tell you that you don't need to run the (-) wires through the switch. Just wire up the positives from the battery to the puck and then the positive from the battery to the fx board.

Someone else will have to jump in to check your recharge hook up but I know there is a diagram on here somewhere I'm pretty sure its actually titled Recharge Port Hook-up in the wiring schematics maybe?

Master Dru-Er
06-30-2008, 01:40 PM
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9528/wiringbase1rl0.png
Ok based on a picture i've seen on plecter labs and what you have said, this is what ive come up with now. Where i have the green arrow do i have that + from the battery go to the switch first so even if i try to powered it on if the recharge port is not empty it still wont turn on? Or do i send the + from the recharge port to the switch and then branch off to the puck and sound card? I think everything is almost in the right place.

Darth Leximus
06-30-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm gonna let someone who knows recharge ports better than me give you the final ok on this. It looks ok to me after looking over the recharge port hookup diagram, but where to put the switch is confusing me too so lets let a master of rechargeables help you out.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Master Dru-Er
06-30-2008, 03:00 PM
No dont worry about it, its been a few days i was considering a bump when i came across the "mini-tutorial" on erv's site (mucho gracias senior erv! ;)) i was able to make some modifications on my rough diagram. just want a nod of approval and would like to expand my understanding in the process.

Darth Leximus
06-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh I get it and like I said it looks ok to me and after thinking about it some more I would say to place the switch after the recharge so it would go

Batt ----- recharge ----- switch-----buckpuck/fx board-----led

In my understanding if you wired the switch before the recharge you would need to have the switch in the on position to charge your battery.

I would still wait till you get someone else to confirm that theory as it is just that...theory.

Master Dru-Er
07-01-2008, 05:17 AM
Well that does make sense because if i have it wired correctly to erv's tutorial the recharge port acts as a general power off switch so before being able to "switch" on, power would need to get through the charge port first. And if that is correct that would reduce some of my "wire clutter" by having +battery to recharge +to switch branch to buckpuck
and fx. I really hope I have a little bit of a grasp on this. But i just got off work and will dive into this once i wake up.

Thanks alot

Darth Leximus
07-01-2008, 08:32 AM
No problem man hope it works out for you, you need to get that thing glowin so you can come duel!

Out of curiousity what sound board are you using?

Novastar
07-01-2008, 10:46 AM
I have to admit, I am HORRIBLE at trying to "read" people's diagrams. That's just MY fault, not anyone else's.

That being said... I will say that YES, the recharge port should basically be the VERY first thing on the circuit (next to the batteries), and nothing of import should be before it.

The same is true if you decide to do some kind of kill + recharge setup (using a canon 2.1mm port + plug or akin to this).

Otherwise... all looks good to me. Experimentation is the key.

Master Dru-Er
07-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Yea im looking forward to coming out there ive been practicing a few "saber spins" from banditcars vids on youtube. For sound im gonna tear down my '07luke anh my buddy had a few a lil while back won over the yoda or another vader. i really like lukes clash sounds over the rest hands down.

You are right Nova i had to lay down some boxes in paint so that i could "see" what i needed to do. Far to many times i've read posts that read like a book and i just couldn't picture it in my head.

Novastar
07-01-2008, 04:35 PM
For the record (as far as I know), all MR board sounds are identical, and have the two following groups:

Light side sounds (3 clash and 2 or 3 swings, can't remember):

Luke, Ani, Mace, Yoda, Obi

Dark side sounds (1 solitary annoying clash + 2 or 3 swings):

Vader, Maul

There might be some "pitch" differences with the Obi-Wan or something, but... it's still pretty much the same for the lot of 'em.

The "joe jedi" or 616 essentially holds both sound sets. So... you can choose your hell. hehehehehe