PDA

View Full Version : Maul sound board wiring diagram?

_Reaver_
06-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Anyone have a good cutaway wiring diagram of the Maul sound board? The Luke board shown here is good, but the Maul it quite a bit different. Anyone have a good diagram of this board? Thanks in advance!

Jay-gon Jinn
06-26-2008, 01:56 PM
I have a pic of a Vader/Maul board...they are identical:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/My%20Second%20One%20and%20a%20Quarter%20Inch%20Sab er/21ccc4b8.jpg

The blue wire on the clash sensor and the purple wire from the led strip leads go to the positive for the led. The rest of those multi-colored wires should be bundled together for the negative to the led. The red wire is battery and speaker positive...you'll have to solder a second wire to it for the speaker. The black wire is the battery negative, and the two yellow wires are the switch leads. Pretty simple.

EDIT:
The wiring for these Vader/Maul boards is also identical for the Anakin Skywalker ROTS boards. The only major difference there is the switch wires are usually blue.

_Reaver_
06-26-2008, 02:18 PM
That's about what I figured, so thank you for the confirmation. You're always a wealth of information, Jay-gon. I'm going to wire the LED to quick-disconnect connectors, so I can switch my LED color at my whim! I just need to buy another heatsink to mount it to, once everyone is back from vacation...

On a side note, to anyone else doing their first experimentation into wiring wiring sound boards like this, be sure to look at your board. It's amazing how much you can learn just by looking.