PDA

View Full Version : My curved hilt saber

Silent_Jedi
06-22-2008, 01:30 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/Pulse76/0622081602.jpg

It's still not complete yet. I used the original 616's aluminum tube as the inner structure, and it fits perfectly with the brass joint then slid a sink tube over the top. I prewired it up so it works, just have to wire in the battery pack after the JB weld dries (re-using the 616's battery pack). It's still plain, and I'm looking to add accents to it...preferibly brass or copper. I'm going to secure the top pipe with steel bolts and finishing washers and I'm going to add a blade retention screw.

any suggestions?

Novastar
06-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Looks great, Silent... I guess the only suggestions I could make might be:

* add a vibration motor (if you have the room in the hilt)
* add grip spray-paint or rubber grips where need be
* maybe cut-out section(s) near where the LED will shine through the blade holder for more detail
* drill some holes for sound resonance + "design" look
* if you throw an LED indicator in there, you can have it glow through the drilled sound resonance holes (I did that with the Flange III sabers)
* maybe a "shroud-ish" cut out for where the blade sits in the holder... you know--like a sort of "wedge" the way a Vader has it--maybe even a sharper and steeper angle??

Hope it helps. :) Looks good to me. I've wanted to do a "bent/curved" sink tube saber since BOP I, but... never really got around to it...

Silent_Jedi
06-22-2008, 01:58 PM
I'd love to toss in a vibration motor and battery meter, but I don't see any diagrams on how to wire one to the joe jedi board.