PDA

View Full Version : Where Are You?!? Wanna Fight?!?

Darth Leximus
06-19-2008, 07:17 AM
So this is where you tell us where you live and where you keep you valuables!

jk

Honestly though a bunch of us here want to try getting some dueling groups together, but it's hard without knowing where everyone lives.

So I'll start....

I live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago with plenty of land and very close access to a large forest and large fields where we could meet up if the group gets too large (hopefully!!!) I'm also willing to travel to nearby locales if that better suits other peoples needs.

If you're interested, post your location and hopefully we can get some groups together in some generalized locations, then ultimately have a annual meeting with all the groups. (and any other interested parties) I'm thinking we could have some sort of mini competition for saber spins or best choreography or something along those lines...

Before I get way to ahead of myself I should probably stop and see if anyone is even interested.

xl97
06-19-2008, 07:44 AM
I dont really 'duel'.. (per se`).... but I could be a body perhaps.. =)

I live in Milwaukee, WI. not too far from ya DL..

Darth Leximus
06-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Nah that's not far at all, we could meet up sometime and you could bring the beer!

Flyerfye
06-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Oh! Interested! It's difficult for me to go too far because of work, but this sounds like too much fun to pass on.

I'm in Seattle, WA (and the Seattle area) I'm new to MHS and saber dueling, but I've been practicing my spins lately. Hoping to start up or join a Seattle saber group (especially with my proximity to Tim...)

Darth Leximus
06-19-2008, 08:53 AM
It would be great to get the Saber master himself out to a duel, last I heard though he's so busy he didn't even have a personal saber to call his own. Things could have changed though, and I know if I lived near him I would gladly lend him a saber!

Good luck on finding a group near you and happy dueling!

DDanDevious
06-19-2008, 09:47 AM
I live in Panama City Florida, thats in the panhandle close to Destin, Ft. Walton Beach, etc.

I have been saber dueling a bit with my coworker for the past few months, still working on developing my style... we're getting decent at it but hes leaving here in a week...

Im intersted in sparring, choreographed fights and saving the universe one woman at a time.

I can travel a bit!

DDD

Retribution
06-19-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm down in south east england, like kent way. While may sabers are currently crappy metal poles in shiny metal poles, I can still use them. I got a saber staff, a single saber and a dueling partner who would be very interested. I prefer choreographed fighting but i'm not averse to a little freestyle every now and then (providing I trust the other guy knows what he's doing)

MaverickJsmith
06-19-2008, 10:39 AM
I live in lovely central California. Anyone around here? :D

Maverick 8)

Ram21
06-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I live in Lancaster, CA north of Los Angeles. My buddy and I are just starting out dueling.

Mcich
06-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Im in barrow-in-furness up in the north of England, got plenty of sabers to use just aint got anyone interested in learning to duel

Darth Leximus
06-19-2008, 12:00 PM
mcich...I say you just walk around the neighborhood with you saber and a spare...anyone who looks at you funny...you whack...then when they get pissed off offer them the spare and TaDa! instant duel!

Mcich
06-19-2008, 12:36 PM
lol that sounds like a plan to me, keep your eyes on youtube for a news report of a mad lightsaber wielding individual running round

Darth Leximus
06-19-2008, 12:38 PM
LOL will do!

sekrogue1985
06-19-2008, 01:20 PM
indianapolis/carmel areas of indiana. I wear my lightsaber daily well if my GF doesn't kill me before I get to the house. and yes I need people to duel with

Darth Leximus
06-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Why to represent Sek! If I may ask what do you do? I'm just curious as to the environment in which you wear a lightsaber all day. Wish I had the balls to do that, but I sit at a desk all day so hardly anyone would see it anyway.

Maybe a display stand in my cubicle?

ArkaiHalon
06-19-2008, 01:32 PM
I live just outside Dallas, Texas.

I don't wear my saber to work every day, but it does have a stand of it's own on my desk. Along with my talking Yoda.

Flyerfye
06-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Heh heh, I have my saber with me at work, it's hanging up on my cubicle wall with some string and thumb tacks. Not the best setup, but I just finished the thing yesterday. Makes for good impressive intimidation. :D

Klaatu
06-19-2008, 02:00 PM
I am also in Carmel IN. I have a hasbro saber on my cube wall as well as a friend on mine here. We refrane from dueling tho.

Treadingwolf
06-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Walker, Louisiana here. I'm just a few miles east of Baton Rouge.

Darth Leximus
06-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Wow so far this is not going very well....

All I can say is we are a diverse group...hardly anybody lives near anybody else!

Even more reason to put together a US version of the Shindig!

Keep em coming guys!

Wolverine
06-19-2008, 04:51 PM
I live in the southside of Chicago, you can duel with The Dark Lord if you have a facility to suit up, and someone to video tape.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI%203/th_MWGMSI.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Darth_Raizzar/501st/MSI%203/?action=view&current=MWGMSI.flv)

...and maybe I can coax a Stormtrooper or two to come along for the ride. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

DaJoQuim
06-19-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm from the winter haven area east around 60 miles from tampa florida.In other words I live in the digabh system lol!!

Corbin_Das
06-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi all
I'm from the Central-Eastern Michigan area (holds up hand and points to area). LOL
Sorry, Michigan joke there. I'm near the Flint area. I'm working to put together an area out back that will cater to dueling, as well as some of my other hobbies (archery, competition shooting, etc). Eventually, I'm hoping to have more folks join my saber fighting "club".

Corbin

Darth Leximus
06-19-2008, 05:59 PM
What's the first rule of saber Fight Club?

B5813
06-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey ArkaiHalon, I live/work in Las Colinas.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
06-19-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm in Central Ontario, about 90 minutes north of Toronto, in the absolute middle of nowhere.

Anyone in the Toronto area?

Novastar
06-20-2008, 02:24 AM
I live in lovely central California. Anyone around here? :D

Maverick 8)Novastar is around here. :)

Alas, CA is a big place, and Cen Cal to *ME* = San Jose / SF.

strengthofrage
06-20-2008, 04:31 AM
Rochester, NY here... about 5 hours from NY city (too far to find those NY Jedi guys). I dont think I have come across anyone else from this area. Rochester/Syracuse/Buffalo are all within an hour or so of each other.

A friend and I are going to attempt a video, I just got Novastar's Compendium in the mail (Thanks Nova!) and its got everything you need to help you make a good video. We just have to work on the "Dude!!!... that was my hand!" :)

DDanDevious
06-20-2008, 05:01 AM
you're right Leximus, no one lives near anyone else hahaha...

so far DaJoQuim is the closest to me and thats like 5 hours away!!!

:(

DDD

Darth Leximus
06-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Yeah maybe we should all put ads in local newspapers...

SJLD(single jedi lightsaber dueler) looking for SSLD (single sith lightsaber dueler) for good times. Likes long duels in the park and twin sunsets.

worth a shot right?

ArkaiHalon
06-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Hey ArkaiHalon, I live/work in Las Colinas.

checketh thy pm's

sekrogue1985
06-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Why to represent Sek! If I may ask what do you do? I'm just curious as to the environment in which you wear a lightsaber all day. Wish I had the balls to do that, but I sit at a desk all day so hardly anyone would see it anyway.

Maybe a display stand in my cubicle?

I'm a college student who will be graduating in the fall hopefully. I'm a sociology major that is testing the limits of human nature and their concept of normalcy. I love sociological theory and the evolution of society and social thought. I have a thesis that if i get that far, I will need a lot of peoples help with hint hint so start wearing your sabers people cause wearing full jedi get up is a bit much for people. But someday...

I'm just a giant nerd that loves lightsabers and since I got one why the heck not wear it ya know.

Sam Skirata
06-20-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm from SD California. I'm only 14 but I kicked @ss at Celebration 4. I don't have a lightsaber with an actual blade yet but that can be remedied as soon as someone wants to sell me a dueling blade that would fit a 6 foot 3 14 year old kid. Anyone near SD has hereby been challenged!

Klaatu
06-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Yeah maybe we should all put ads in local newspapers...

SJLD(single jedi lightsaber dueler) looking for SSLD (single sith lightsaber dueler) for good times. Likes long duels in the park and twin sunsets.

worth a shot right?

That is funny as hell. I LOL'ed. Perhaps Craigslist?

Darth Leximus
06-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Sek if you ever finish that thesis I want to read a copy! Back when I had time for study, I thoroughly enjoyed stuff like that and spent most of teenage years pushing the bounds of normalcy (didn't have a saber to wear back then, but I found my ways) You keep representing all us wanna be jedi/sith out there. If I ever find my way to your neck of the woods I'll be sure to strap on the saber (no inuendo intended) and maybe we'll run into eachother.

sekrogue1985
06-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Sek if you ever finish that thesis I want to read a copy! Back when I had time for study, I thoroughly enjoyed stuff like that and spent most of teenage years pushing the bounds of normalcy (didn't have a saber to wear back then, but I found my ways) You keep representing all us wanna be jedi/sith out there. If I ever find my way to your neck of the woods I'll be sure to strap on the saber (no inuendo intended) and maybe we'll run into eachother.

It would be my honor Darth Leximus.

Flyerfye
06-20-2008, 01:46 PM
I'd be interested in reading something like that too, actually!

While wearing my saber around all the time may not be feasible for me, I at least carry it around in my pack along with a spare short blade (36" is a bit too long to carry around everywhere :D).

Darth Leximus
06-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Flyer that reminds me of another story.....

A long time ago....or 2 months

I was on my way downtown(chicago in case your not paying attention) and i took the train in. I was going to meet with my 2 friends/business partners to work on the video game we are creating (stay tuned for more info) This was also the first weekend my saber was up and running so I decided to take it down with me.

So I pack up my necessities for our game meeting and I tuck my hilt in the backpack as well and I shove the blade in there so about 1.5' are sticking out the top. I'm not on the train for 2 mins before someone asks what it is, so then I'm "forced" (pun intended) to pull it out, assemble it and light it up. Keep in mind this is a Sunday afternoon on a VERY crowded train. There was a Cubs game and the train I take stops at the Zoo which is one of the best in the country so that = TONS of kids! Also bear in mind that this saber was pretty new at the time so I was a little hesitant to pass it around to all the kids, but I relented if only for a few minutes. (I was scared kids would start beating each other and then I become responsible) Everyone and I mean everyone in that train car was locked on that thing from the second I turned it on! It was pretty cool and definately unexpected

So I guess the story has 2 lessons in it...

1. Don't take your lightsaber anywhere you aren't prepared to use it

and

2. Anyone who calls you a dork/nerd/geek for building lightsabers, obviously has never held and/or seen one in person! They all come runnin to the glow!!

sekrogue1985
06-20-2008, 03:06 PM
exactly! that is what i'm getting at people you built these things for a purpose whether to display or duel with them. I mean I always keep an ultrablade in my car just in case I just happen to want to duel with a friend. I wear mine cause I'm frickin proud of it because i took the time to find what MHS parts i liked and what worked for me. Then managed to get a CF4.0 and now as of today finished my 6 modified sound font hehehehe. But yeah I'm proud of it and no one can take the from.

now getting back to my point. most of the time i get few reactions though occationally I get a kid to smile and what not. or another fan go dear god cool and you know the whatsit. I;'m trying to get reactions out of people to see if I can get other saber builders to follow this idea of mine. In the end I'm trying to get people whether you geek/nerd or whatever to break their shell and let people know what you are and who cares what others think. we are who we are and we choose it so why hid it. We show the other star wars fans so why not the world.

Flyer that reminds me of another story.....

A long time ago....or 2 months

I was on my way downtown(chicago in case your not paying attention) and i took the train in. I was going to meet with my 2 friends/business partners to work on the video game we are creating (stay tuned for more info) This was also the first weekend my saber was up and running so I decided to take it down with me.

So I pack up my necessities for our game meeting and I tuck my hilt in the backpack as well and I shove the blade in there so about 1.5' are sticking out the top. I'm not on the train for 2 mins before someone asks what it is, so then I'm "forced" (pun intended) to pull it out, assemble it and light it up. Keep in mind this is a Sunday afternoon on a VERY crowded train. There was a Cubs game and the train I take stops at the Zoo which is one of the best in the country so that = TONS of kids! Also bear in mind that this saber was pretty new at the time so I was a little hesitant to pass it around to all the kids, but I relented if only for a few minutes. (I was scared kids would start beating each other and then I become responsible) Everyone and I mean everyone in that train car was locked on that thing from the second I turned it on! It was pretty cool and definately unexpected

So I guess the story has 2 lessons in it...

1. Don't take your lightsaber anywhere you aren't prepared to use it

and

2. Anyone who calls you a dork/nerd/geek for building lightsabers, obviously has never held and/or seen one in person! They all come runnin to the glow!!

Klaatu
06-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Im very proud to be a Geek. I learn to embrace the title years ago.
Im also proud to show it as well.
This is one of my newest Tattoos. Sorry the quality of the pic is not so great it was taken with my phone.

http://rootadminister.googlepages.com/geek.jpg

exactly! that is what i'm getting at people you built these things for a purpose whether to display or duel with them. I mean I always keep an ultrablade in my car just in case I just happen to want to duel with a friend. I wear mine cause I'm frickin proud of it because i took the time to find what MHS parts i liked and what worked for me. Then managed to get a CF4.0 and now as of today finished my 6 modified sound font hehehehe. But yeah I'm proud of it and no one can take the from.

now getting back to my point. most of the time i get few reactions though occationally I get a kid to smile and what not. or another fan go dear god cool and you know the whatsit. I;'m trying to get reactions out of people to see if I can get other saber builders to follow this idea of mine. In the end I'm trying to get people whether you geek/nerd or whatever to break their shell and let people know what you are and who cares what others think. we are who we are and we choose it so why hid it. We show the other star wars fans so why not the world.

Master Dru-Er
06-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Joliet Il hello fellow chicagoine Very interested in chillin. I don't have any one to relate to on this subject even talking about the general aspects alot of ppl i know aren't very i guess thrilled by it.

Drichar Deis
06-21-2008, 06:26 AM

You dont talk about saber fight club!

TorLinWaDur
06-21-2008, 11:10 AM
I am in Orange County of California.
proud to say im with the LAJEDI the best dueling group out there
LAJEDI is the sister group of NYJEDI / PAJEDI.

Retribution
06-21-2008, 03:31 PM
You dont talk about saber fight club!
The second rule of saber Fight Club is?

Novastar
06-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm from SD California. I'm only 14 but I kicked @ss at Celebration 4. I don't have a lightsaber with an actual blade yet but that can be remedied as soon as someone wants to sell me a dueling blade that would fit a 6 foot 3 14 year old kid. Anyone near SD has hereby been challenged!Hi Sam. I visited SD some time ago on vacation... it was GREAT! And everyone was WAAAAAAY nicer than here in the bay area (SJ/SF). No wonder everyone was saying I'd like it. :)

Anyhow... I have plenty of extra blades--thick-walled ones. Let me know if you'd like me to ship one to you--just PM me if you'd like.

I was at C4, but... only a chosen few recognized me, I'd assume. I believe I was one of about maybe 4 people that had a CF-powered saber there (actually 2). Both the version 1.2s at the time... if you can believe it. :)

CorellianBada**
06-21-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm in Wilmington, NC right on the coast. Would love to have a reason to spend some quality time away from the wife :)

sekrogue1985
06-22-2008, 07:11 PM
ya know what I walk around town wearing my saber not only because I like to but also so i can attacted other saber build/dueler/or whatever. So far not a lot have presented themselves. I get little kids saying where they can get one like mine or parents asking cause their kid may want one but seriouslly no one come up and has said oh do you duel or whatever... then again i'm in carmel, IN which is the home of rich folks that are obsessed with they middle/upper middle class lives and what not. IDK not insulting anyone who is like that but come one show yourselves lol. THen again My saber broke in a duel last friday and well with Tim out of town I'm with out my saber which feels really really weird because I've worn it everywhere for about a little over 1 month straight. Anywho Duelists in the INDY area, I'll be having a little dueling session with some friends and what not so yeah post here if you can make it. It'll probably be somewhat un epic cause there is only llike 4 so far coming. Most woulld rather get drunk and shoot fireworks at eachother.

Corbin_Das
06-22-2008, 10:02 PM

It's NOT "You don't talk about Saber Fight Club". :)

I'd say the first rule is similar to the first rule of a gunfight: "Have a gun", or in this case, a saber.

Second rule: Talk about Saber Fight Club. Tell everyone you know. Recruit, recruit, recruit.

Third rule: Don't get hit. lol

sekrogue1985
06-22-2008, 11:15 PM
It's NOT "You don't talk about Saber Fight Club". :)

I'd say the first rule is similar to the first rule of a gunfight: "Have a gun", or in this case, a saber.

Second rule: Talk about Saber Fight Club. Tell everyone you know. Recruit, recruit, recruit.

Third rule: Don't get hit. lol

THis I can agree with more people involved the better.

Barmic Rin
06-23-2008, 03:10 PM
I thought the second rule was: 'Cake sale every second saturday of the month'.

Wait, am I on the right forums??????? LOLZ!!!

Klaatu, when I had my 'Jedi knight' Tatt done above my broken bottom (it's the one with the crack down the middle), my Tattooist buddy said he was thinking of getting 'Sith' done in Aurebesh in his lip.

I saw him about a week later, and yep, you guessed it, the Fruitloop had got his apprentice to do it for him!!!!
(Both of them are getting sabers off of me within the next 3 wks)

If anybody's interested, i've crash-landed in south London, just outside Croydon. England. Earth. Sol system. Need Evac ASAP.

Darth Leximus
06-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Master Dru...You are not far from me at all, actualy my current dueling partner who happens to be my wifes brother is from joliet as well. My wifes whole family grew up there. Anyways I'm about 20-30 mins up the road in LaGrange we usually get together Mondays and sometimes thursdays in the evenings duels start at dark. If you are interested in coming out send me a PM and we'll talk.

Totally diggin that Aurebesh idea Barmic, I'm thinking like side of the neck. I need to get a star wars tattoo I'm up to 10 now so it's long over due. I have a running tab with my tattoo guy and alot of times we work in trade for various things so he owes me at this point...time to make an appointment me thinks!

Braxus
06-23-2008, 05:09 PM
I live in West Palm Beach Florida. not sure if anyone else on here is close by. id love to get into a Dueling Club, heck just meet up with anyone else from the forums would be awesome.

vortextwist
06-23-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm in Fremont, Nebraska, about 20 mins away from Omaha, Home of the College World Series!

Not many in town to really duel with besides my brother Hasid. I remember last summer me and my bro was dueling outsid and a couple kids rode by on their bikes a bout a block away and shouted "luke, I am your father" It was so funny.

Hey sek, I beleive darth morbious is in munchi (sp). not sure where that's at. lol

DDanDevious
06-24-2008, 07:10 AM
I live in West Palm Beach Florida. not sure if anyone else on here is close by. id love to get into a Dueling Club, heck just meet up with anyone else from the forums would be awesome.

hey another Florida Duelist, but you are like, 8 hrs from me, hahahahah... Florida is a long state!

DDD

Ambo
06-24-2008, 07:53 AM
Hampton Roads, Virgina.

I craft sabers more than duel, but my kids beat the crap out of me now and then,

Darth Leximus
06-24-2008, 08:12 AM
I hear that Ambo I had to start dueling "Big people" just to stand a chance and get a break from the storm that is my 6 year old with her posse of dogs at her side. (1 90lb pitbull and 2 5lb mini pinchers) It's so nice just to fight one full sized adult at a time!

Barmic Rin
06-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Any Brits see that crazy kid at CE? He was 2ft nothing & spinning his MR like a Pro!!

Kids & sabers, never good when you're on the receiving end....

Drichar Deis
06-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Kids dont learn to fight anymore, they just want to pull off fancy moves leaving themselves open to attack!

or thats what ive found.

Flyerfye
06-25-2008, 02:42 PM
But you've gotta look goooood while fighting! ;)

No, I've noticed the same thing. But don't discount spinning just because it's no good in a fight. Spinning is closer to choreographed movie fighting, and good for crowd-pleasing at events. :D

Darth_DevilGuy
06-25-2008, 03:31 PM
in norcal here, I think I'm 10 or 15 miles from novastar, I know there are a couple other sf bay area people lurking here somewhere.

Anyone in the area wants a duel i've got one MHS and a bunch of MR's and a large open space right by my house, though I lack transportation seeing as I don't want to drop 1500 dollars into my old T-bird for a new tranny, $4 a gallon gas + v8 = empty wallet...

sekrogue1985
06-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Kids dont learn to fight anymore, they just want to pull off fancy moves leaving themselves open to attack!

or thats what ive found.

totally agreed I just fought with my friends cousin and he was all show he knew all those cool spins and tricks and would do a lot of that during fighting and lets just say it was more like a show of him spinning than a duel. It's all he learned I guess. I knocked him around a few times though showed him spins are cool but no true practical use. Showed him Novastar's stage tutorial which awoken him to a wider world of lightsaber use.

sekrogue1985
06-25-2008, 08:51 PM
So this is where you tell us where you live and where you keep you valuables!

jk

Honestly though a bunch of us here want to try getting some dueling groups together, but it's hard without knowing where everyone lives.

So I'll start....

I live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago with plenty of land and very close access to a large forest and large fields where we could meet up if the group gets too large (hopefully!!!) I'm also willing to travel to nearby locales if that better suits other peoples needs.

If you're interested, post your location and hopefully we can get some groups together in some generalized locations, then ultimately have a annual meeting with all the groups. (and any other interested parties) I'm thinking we could have some sort of mini competition for saber spins or best choreography or something along those lines...

Before I get way to ahead of myself I should probably stop and see if anyone is even interested.

Hey I might be up in the Chicago area in late July early August because my GF is visiting some school in the Chicago area. Plans are not solid yet but if and wheen they are it'd be a total chance to let loose some sabers if you would be interested

Darth Leximus
06-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh you know I would be Sek!! Keep in touch and let me know when you get plans finalized I'll bring my boys and maybe even Master Dru and we'll beat the hell out of each other!

DDanDevious
06-26-2008, 07:14 AM
damn, I need to move. Florida isnt the Saber Dueling state I guess.

Im about to put an ad in the paper like Lex was saying.

meh.

DDD

Darth_DevilGuy
06-26-2008, 09:08 AM
honestly I don't think any state is... we're pretty spread out seeing as we're a minority even among other star wars fans.

DDanDevious
06-26-2008, 09:18 AM
yeh youre right, I think I will just start hiding in trees and jumping out on fools with my saber yelling "defend yourself!" that ought to do it.

DDD

Crashteam85
06-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Fort Madison Iowa! I'm ready to duel morning noon and night!

sekrogue1985
06-26-2008, 08:53 PM
the only way i managed to get the few people I have in my dueling group was to actually wear my lightsaber around town. THere is a star wars fan group in Carmel sadly I doubt they even know about this forum cause I'm sure they would have gotten on and seen this post. Then again they are mostly blaster folks if you get what I mean.

Darth Leximus
06-26-2008, 09:09 PM
You've got the idea DDD!

I was out in the yard dueling my brother tonight and a bunch of punk teenagers were walking by trying to talk $h!t, so my brothers like come over here and pick up a saber and say that!..They didn't have the balls, but it did shut em up they didn't want to get embarassed in front of their little girlfriends.

In hindsight we should of chased them down the street and brought the fight to them! There's always next week.

sekrogue1985
06-26-2008, 10:45 PM
You've got the idea DDD!

I was out in the yard dueling my brother tonight and a bunch of punk teenagers were walking by trying to talk $h!t, so my brothers like come over here and pick up a saber and say that!..They didn't have the balls, but it did shut em up they didn't want to get embarassed in front of their little girlfriends.

In hindsight we should of chased them down the street and brought the fight to them! There's always next week.

Exactly don't be ashamed of what you do. If someone challenges your convictions or makes fun of you take them out smack them around a bit. If they come at you with hasbros show them what a 1" thick polycarbonate tube can do to that thing and their head. "True story at that" :P But yeah I'm in college or rather almost done and I love lightsabers so why not show the world what I love.

a conversation between me and my little teenager brother.

brother - no one in their right mind would pick a fight with a guy that has the balls to carry around a lightsaber. Thus bro this brings us to the heart of the matter. how in the hell do you manage to live your life.

me - I just turn off that part of the brain that tells you that this is how society should be and do what you whatever you want within reason regardless of what people think because what they thing is normal is not the norm for you or anyone else. Long story short bro don't give a ****.

Darcy666
06-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Hey. I'm in Ontario, Canada. In the middle of nowhere/wilderness. I'm still in the design process of my first MHS though.

DDanDevious
06-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Exactly don't be ashamed of what you do. If someone challenges your convictions or makes fun of you take them out smack them around a bit. If they come at you with hasbros show them what a 1" thick polycarbonate tube can do to that thing and their head. "True story at that" :P But yeah I'm in college or rather almost done and I love lightsabers so why not show the world what I love.

a conversation between me and my little teenager brother.

brother - no one in their right mind would pick a fight with a guy that has the balls to carry around a lightsaber. Thus bro this brings us to the heart of the matter. how in the hell do you manage to live your life.

me - I just turn off that part of the brain that tells you that this is how society should be and do what you whatever you want within reason regardless of what people think because what they thing is normal is not the norm for you or anyone else. Long story short bro don't give a ****.

agreed. let your geek flag fly. People want to joke when I tell them that I build sabers, but as soon as they see one they are like wow thats cool... then you hand it to them and the fighting and wooshing noises start...

(quick background, I coach a Roller Derby team), and some of the girls were over the house and they are like, hey cool is that a lightsaber, and im like yeh you know I build them now cause im a dork, and next thing you know I got girls running around my house fighting each other making wooshing noises and spinning around and just going to town... lightsabers are magical my friends.

DDD

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
06-27-2008, 09:38 AM
My son has a pair of those little shoes with the LEDs that flash when he walks. I really want to modify a pair of shoes for myself.

Of course, I'll take it to the next level. I want to put a ring of super bright leds all around the base of the shoe, so that when I take a step, I get a bright flash of light all around my foot. Tell me that wouldn't look cool.

When I told someone I work with that I want to do this, they looked at me like I was from another planet, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Flyerfye
06-27-2008, 10:06 AM
My son has a pair of those little shoes with the LEDs that flash when he walks. I really want to modify a pair of shoes for myself.

Of course, I'll take it to the next level. I want to put a ring of super bright leds all around the base of the shoe, so that when I take a step, I get a bright flash of light all around my foot. Tell me that wouldn't look cool.

When I told someone I work with that I want to do this, they looked at me like I was from another planet, but I'm going to do it anyway.

OHHH! I had those shoes when I was a kid. (Not that long ago, mind you). They were all I wore between like 1st and 3rd grade. I had no idea they were still around. Fantastic. (Too bad they only make them in kids sizes. That was the only reason I STOPPED wearing them :D)

Darth Leximus
06-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Hey DDD, next time my wife gets mad at me can I come stay at ur house? Sounds like a really good time!

sekrogue1985
06-27-2008, 12:04 PM
gotta know people who here get's yelled at by their significant other ig, girlfriend, wife, fiance, boyfriend or whatever about lightsaber obsession and or star wars in general lol.

Darth Leximus
06-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Oh it's rarely about lightsabers, usually something much more trivial than that!

DDanDevious
06-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey DDD, next time my wife gets mad at me can I come stay at ur house? Sounds like a really good time!

duh, of course, got an extra room and everything...

nah, the wife cant yell at me about Star Wars stuff, it was in our marriage vows that she would put up with my Star Wars obsession, but in return she can put her ice cold feet on my anytime she wants.

DDD

Hasid Lafre
06-29-2008, 05:31 PM
I hope more omaha/fremont area nebraskians ome out of the woodwork, theres a handfull on the mercs forums.

vortextwist
06-29-2008, 05:43 PM
I hope more omaha/fremont area nebraskians ome out of the woodwork, theres a handfull on the mercs forums.

really? I'd like to meet some of them.

Hasid Lafre
06-29-2008, 10:47 PM
You got the link brah.

DARTH KALEL
06-29-2008, 11:10 PM
What's up guy's? I'm in the Denver Colorado area if anybody around cares for a lesson lol. HIT ME UP:mad:

Luke-SkyMarcher
07-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm from MI. I live about 1/2 hour NE from downtown Grand Rapids.
Known MI duelers so far: Corbin Das, (he lives a quite a ways from me)
also I think Jay-gon Jinn lives in MI.
Any other MI people out there?

Taylor
07-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Preston and I live in McHenry Illinois YEA!!!!!!

Darth Leximus
07-07-2008, 01:58 PM
I think Taylor and Preston need to come with Master Dru and get whooped on at Lord Leximus' House of Beatings!!

mmmmmm....Fresh Meat!

Master Dru-Er
07-07-2008, 02:12 PM
its looking to be that way I look forward to be able to be with a little "group" of other "force awares". Just to wait for that choke point 2. And im also thinking about getting a different emitter. Im thinking 12 might be weak compared to some others.... Or perhaps if it isnt in stock a switch would be necessary.

Darth Leximus
07-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Sweet I just finished my lil girls saber and let me tell you she is vicious!!

Now I need to redo/finish my wifes saber..had to steal the blade holder and blade for my daughters. Which I need choke point 2 and BH 11 and a thick walled blade for so yeah I'm waiting too.

It will be sweet to have 3 MHS's around the house though. Also good for aspiring duelers who don't have a saber to call their own.

sekrogue1985
07-07-2008, 02:23 PM
If gas wasn't so high I'd visit people for a little woop-ass session.

On a completely different note me and my buddy are plannning something big for those saber builders, duelers, and whatever. It'll be set up at some camping grounds with lots of space for dueling and that kinda stuff. It's based off an anime convention called fieldcon where a bunch of otaku brave the elements and just have fun but instead of anime we were gonna do lightsaber stuff. It is still in the works and what not but it's just some grand idea we were scheming up over a Sake and Sushi one evening.

Darth Leximus
07-07-2008, 02:27 PM
mmmmm.....saki and sushi....I like you better all the time Sek maybe if I were jedi I would take it easy on you when first we duel....too bad I'm not jedi!

sekrogue1985
07-07-2008, 02:35 PM
mmmmm.....saki and sushi....I like you better all the time Sek maybe if I were jedi I would take it easy on you when first we duel....too bad I'm not jedi!

Darth Leximus its Saké not saki. ;P

I'd never said i was jedi or sith. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber that uses the force I use the force how i feel it should be used. If i feel the urge to force destruction a guys ass cause he's bugging me I'll do it. If i feel the urge to use the force for some good deed I'll do it. The actually reason for all this is that whenever my old group of friends fought back when we were kids and we were choosing sides I just went with the side that had less people cause well I feel there needs to be a balance then again I'm me and that's all that matters. Good and evil is a misconception and the fact is it's what the individual makes of it and or society. In some places beating your wife is a general practice yet we here in "America" think it brutal. Anywho enough of my social world rant lol.

Novastar
07-07-2008, 02:42 PM
in norcal here, I think I'm 10 or 15 miles from novastar, I know there are a couple other sf bay area people lurking here somewhere.

Anyone in the area wants a duel i've got one MHS and a bunch of MR's and a large open space right by my house, though I lack transportation seeing as I don't want to drop 1500 dollars into my old T-bird for a new tranny, $4 a gallon gas + v8 = empty wallet...Hmm, I don't know... 10 or 15 miles away from me would be places like Campbell, Santa Clara, Fremont, Sunnyvale... that sort of thing.

I'm in San Jose CA. You know--near the SJ airport and the HP Pavillion where they have all the concerts (and Sharks games).

Anyhow. I'm here folks... ... if you dare! :cool:

Darth Leximus
07-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Ouch...I've been hit...I think I can hold her together...they came from behind....ARGGGGHHHHH!!!

Enjoy that small victory Sek. you will not get many more!

I sense the literary power of the darkside in you...impressive...most impressive!

So yeah wrote this before I even read the rest of your post. Here I am being a jackass when you are getting all serious and thought provoking on us. Well said BTW I thoroughly enjoy your views on modern society.

sekrogue1985
07-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Ouch...I've been hit...I think I can hold her together...they came from behind....ARGGGGHHHHH!!!

Enjoy that small victory Sek. you will not get many more!

I sense the literary power of the darkside in you...impressive...most impressive!

Yet I keep it in check with those those Jedi teachings hahaha. I can't choose sides both are just too much fun. |D

Darth Leximus
07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
you are truly an enigma Sek...or is it enima? I don't know you're the literary master you figure it out!

sekrogue1985
07-07-2008, 03:09 PM
you are truly an enigma Sek...or is it enima? I don't know you're the literary master you figure it out!

Me no literary master me only love one thing...COOOOKIEES!!! RAWR RAWR RAWR.

Couldn't help myself I, Cookie Monster rules.

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v257/248/64/41701669/n41701669_30918153_4714.jpg

My fiance's Cookie Monster with MR Force FX ANH Luke Lightsaber which I might add was her engagement gift to me. :D

Darth Leximus
07-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Awesome pic thats hilarious

DDanDevious
07-08-2008, 10:57 AM
damn, looks like I got to head up north... maybe when Im in the St. Louis area again (the wife is from there) I can meet up with some folks and we can all jump out of trees on fools making wooshing lightsaber sounds while declaring ourselves dark lords of the Sith.

you know, the normal stuff folks do.

DDD

Darth Leximus
07-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Sounds good to me DDD I havent been to the Lou (as in St. Louis, not the bathroom) in a while and I love that city.

At last we shall reveal ourselves to the....normal people?

DDanDevious
07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
and at last we shall have our.... selves arrested probably.

vwwwooom vwooom TSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

DDD

Darth Leximus
07-08-2008, 12:54 PM
That'll make for awesome mug shots!!

DDanDevious
07-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Cop-"we found this one wandering the woods near the edge of town... he was armed only with this" hands judge your lightsaber

Judge- "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. What is that, like 3 you have now?"

DDD

Darth Leximus
07-08-2008, 01:08 PM
LOL!!! Dude you kill me, that seriously cheered up my whole day. I work in a call center and it's severly repetetive and boring. I read that in between calls and I still have tears in my eyes and I had to hang up on someone cause I was laughing to hard.

Classic

DDanDevious
07-08-2008, 01:12 PM
heheh, nice.

I wonder what the person on the other end of that call was thinking.

DDD

sekrogue1985
07-08-2008, 01:21 PM
dude i'd so get in on that i used to live in good old st louis

actually I've been asked by cops to leave the side walk on our main street not to fight with "those idiot flash lights" because it bothers the driver. the jist of the conversation is below.

Cop 1: hey could you go someplace less open to swing around those nerdy toys of yours.

Me: why is it bothering people cause I got permission from the store owners to do so at closing hours.

cop 1: well it bothers the drivers and you could cause a crash.

friend: last time I looked there was no law against doing what we are doing that and we are in a public place with permission to do what we are doing and all is okay. fact here is that the driver would be at fault cause he broke the number one rule of all drivers pay attention to the road and not the wacky antics on the side of the road.

cop 2: ummm you're right there it would be their fault cause they got distracted ya know and well if you want to wave those lightsabers around go right ahead but next time try to do it in a park or something and not the side of the street just in case someone tries to pin their **** happenings on you and your sabers.

me: sure

cops leave everything is okay me and my friend laugh. later after we left a whole ton of little kids came around with their sabers looking for us lol

DDanDevious
07-08-2008, 01:31 PM
nice I see a plan coming together. like the A Team but with better aim. We're gonna need a sweet van.

DDD

Darth Leximus
07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Naturally you are invited Sek, eventhough I highly doubt this it the type of engagement that requires an invitation...

As Americans we are free to do fun and stupid things freely and at our leisure! Just don't let the cops see you, they're not fond of that whole "Freedom" thing.

Oh and I like the van idea...drive by saberings!

DDanDevious
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
honk honk honk!

Us hanging out the side door waving sabers: "you dont know the power of the dark siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!!! Vwoom vwoom vwoom"

van drives away.

driver: "what the f*ck was that?"

DDD

sekrogue1985
07-08-2008, 02:41 PM
ya know what we should do get a hippy van, some potato sacks, and drive around the good old USofA abducting either well known to whoever the hell person with a lightsaber and then start a revolution and march on DC in full robe. But seeing how occasionally I let the old ADHD which my friend effectively call the Sith inside me out well lets just say hilariousness will ensue. That and with current gas prices and assorted laws against stealing people away and the fact we all have jobs and can't live that kind of life without money well poosh it all it's a dream an insane one though.

as you can tell i'm a bit not so right in the head at times

Darth Leximus
07-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Sek, I think thats why you, DDD and I get along so well!

We've all lost our sanity retention screws and sometimes we let our thoughts fling around so carelessly that the veil of sanity just flies off!

Like the little analogy...I do

DDanDevious
07-09-2008, 05:28 AM
in this case, the retention screw is purely ornamental.

DDD

sekrogue1985
07-09-2008, 06:18 AM
in this case, the retention screw is purely ornamental.

DDD

in my case it's a requirement cause if i lose it my blade might fly off and all hell WILL break lose and a (*&(*& ton of ^$%^& will happen. as my fiance puts it the world might just end but then again I did lose my best friend for her and we were like those two guys that people say would be friends for life and if they went their separate ways or weren't friends the world would end. It happened and the world is still here so haha.

anywho on a much better note the fiance finally decided to sit and watch all the star wars films the correct way in terms of IV, V, and VI first then I, II, and III. oddly enough the first time she saw star wars was EPI so she is that group that really never was exposed to the classic trilogy till after the prequels started. and yes it is true there are people out there that knew of star wars but never got into it or saw the classics till after the prequels. it's sad. excuse my horrid grammar i just got off of a 5 hour shift at fedex and i'm tired so i'm going to bed now and when i get up my TCSS box should be in my mail box woots. :D

DDanDevious
07-09-2008, 01:01 PM
I guess the ladies just arent into Star Wars as much as the guys are. Hmmm. Every now and then my wife will sit down to watch SW with me, but then she ends up picking up a magazine or a book and im like why are you reading a book when theres perfectly good Star Wars on. Sheesh.

women.

DDD

benny
07-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Marathon, WI

about 2 hours north of Madison

Chago
07-09-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm just getting into collecting sabers and think it would be cool to meet up with others in the area. I'm in Racine, WI just south of Milwaukee

Darth Leximus
07-09-2008, 03:05 PM
I guess the ladies just arent into Star Wars as much as the guys are. Hmmm. Every now and then my wife will sit down to watch SW with me, but then she ends up picking up a magazine or a book and im like why are you reading a book when theres perfectly good Star Wars on. Sheesh.

women.

DDD

This issue came up just the other night at my house. ROTJ was on Spike and I was flipping through looking for something to watch. Since my wife was sitting next to me I skimmed over ROTJ just to save myself the griping, but I did look at my wife and say "Do you see how much I love you?" to which she responded "Why? Cause you'll not watch a movie on tv with commercials that you own like 20 different copies of, just because I'm sitting here?" ouch! So I said "No because we've been together for 5 years and married for 2 and I still havent strapped you to a chair and fitted you with Clockwork Orange Eye Openers and made you sit through all 6 movies both with and without commentary on to make you fully appreciate the awesomeness of Star Wars!"

She then ended to conversation with one question...

"How does NO *** EVER AGAIN sound to you?"

Needless to say my wife will never be forced to watch ANYTHING she doesn't want to....ever!

xl97
07-09-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm just getting into collecting sabers and think it would be cool to meet up with others in the area. I'm in Racine, WI just south of Milwaukee

Im in Milwaukee/Oak Creek.. I was in Racine last night.. (Tacos El Rey) :)

sekrogue1985
07-09-2008, 05:39 PM
This issue came up just the other night at my house. ROTJ was on Spike and I was flipping through looking for something to watch. Since my wife was sitting next to me I skimmed over ROTJ just to save myself the griping, but I did look at my wife and say "Do you see how much I love you?" to which she responded "Why? Cause you'll not watch a movie on tv with commercials that you own like 20 different copies of, just because I'm sitting here?" ouch! So I said "No because we've been together for 5 years and married for 2 and I still havent strapped you to a chair and fitted you with Clockwork Orange Eye Openers and made you sit through all 6 movies both with and without commentary on to make you fully appreciate the awesomeness of Star Wars!"

She then ended to conversation with one question...

"How does NO *** EVER AGAIN sound to you?"

Needless to say my wife will never be forced to watch ANYTHING she doesn't want to....ever!

yeah it's hard to get our women into star wars. I know there are women out there who love it as much as we do but the majority just doesn't get it. mine however agrees with me that teenage mutant ninja turtles rock and darkwing duck is da bomb and will sit and watch the dvds and or vhs.

Chago
07-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Im in Milwaukee/Oak Creek.. I was in Racine last night.. (Tacos El Rey) :)

Great place!! I live a few blocks from there!