PDA

View Full Version : New/Old Soundboard..maybe..possibly?

Darth Leximus
06-17-2008, 11:58 AM
So i was browing over on the Ultra forums and I saw that Grayven posted something about these soundboards.

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Lightsaber.htm

He even went as far as to order one to try out and then the thread ended with no results or other info just speculation.

So I was wondering if anyone has actually used one of these and what the results were.

I tend to think that they are crap, but i would like to know for sure with the severe shortage of decent boards out in the universe right now

Flyerfye
06-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Judging from the description, it only has two sounds. Hum(or whoosh, which is it?), and clash. Regardless of sound quality, I think that ranks it even below a Hasbro, which has Ignition, hum, motion whoosh, clash, and turn-off. Also, being only rated for 3V is another turn-off, at least for me. Not sure what they mean by "micro sensor", might just be a setup similar to our familiar clash sensors. Or it might be something far worse.

Also, I don't trust their writing style. "official", yeah right. Hasbros are more official. :P

Darth Leximus
06-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Oh I agree that it looks shady and from what i've heard even the hum sound is lame it only stays on for a few seconds after hitting the button and then all you get is clash sounds when it contacts something.

And from my understanding the micro sensors are like clash sensors in sense so there is a possibility of replacing one with a latching switch and fixing the 2 second hum duration.

This is all speculation of course since I don't know of anyone who actually has one of these boards....hence this thread

Flyerfye
06-17-2008, 12:38 PM
From what I can guess on that, the button they include is a momentary switch that "activates" sound 1 when pressed (and then the sound plays once, probably why it only lasts a few seconds), and the sensor is there to activate sound 2 when pressed. So modifying the switch probably wouldn't do much good. It'd be like holding down the button (which won't really do anything on a cheap board that isn't specifically wired to respond to that)

All wild speculation, of course, but it's highly probable this thing isn't worth HALF of what they're charging for it.

eastern57
06-17-2008, 12:41 PM
you could always PM Grayven and ask him

Darth Leximus
06-17-2008, 01:05 PM
All that stuff I said about swapping out switches was pirated from the ultra forums that's what those guys were talking about....still its all spec but just wanted to clarify..

IMHO I think these things are probably crappier than hasbro boards as far as function but possibly with better (if only slightly) sounds. I would be incredibly sketchy about sending these people my money regardless of the product I was just curious to see if anyone has ever actually held one in their hands and tested it.

Since I've only just heard of these boards today I'm guessing they aren't worth the time..plus the 3v restriction pretty much makes is worthless for our purposes

grayven
06-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Run away. Don't look back, just run as far away from that as possible. I would have been better spending my money on a kick in the sack.:shock::eek:

Grayven

Flyerfye
06-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Wow, that's the first time I've seen something be WORSE than a kick in the pants.

Well that settles that! Thanks for biting the bullet on that one Grayven...:-?

Darth Leximus
06-17-2008, 01:48 PM
LOL that's what I figured

Let me say that we appreciate folks like you who step in front of those flying groin kicks and absorb the impact for all of us. You are truly a gentleman and a scholar...(with sore nuts)

Thanks for the input

grayven
06-17-2008, 03:25 PM
"cough" "cough" no prob "cough" man.

Darth Leximus
06-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Lol!!!!!!!!

Novastar
06-17-2008, 07:49 PM
If someone were to buy that, I'd have only two words:

*RIPPED OFF*

DarthFender