PDA

View Full Version : Historic find on Geonosis

B5813
06-14-2008, 10:11 PM
The Historical Council of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances recovered a Jedi light saber from the site of a former gaming arena on the planet Geonosis. Passed on through vague oral history, this arena was known to be the place of the first battle between the droid and clone armies in the year 22 B.B.Y. Several historical preservationists were sent to this area to conduct an archaeological survey in order to validate significant historical events which were erased from written history during the height of the Empire’s reign during the period of the galactic civil war.
The weapon found was not able to be immediately identified to its former user; however, the design closely resembles a known model built by the Saber Smith Darkhelmet. It is our hope that after thorough examination of the crystal structure we will be able to discover the identity of the Jedi knight who constructed this weapon and retire it into The Hall of Valor in his/her honor.

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/7718/1000615rq4.th.jpg (http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000615rq4.jpg)
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/3391/1000616qu4.th.jpg (http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000616qu4.jpg)
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1213/1000619xo9.th.jpg (http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000619xo9.jpg)

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
06-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Beautiful! I love it!

eastern57
06-14-2008, 11:55 PM
MEMORANDUM FOR GA HISTORICAL COUNCIL

RE: Recent Archeoligical Activity on Geonosis

This is a most important find indeed! I extend my warmest and proudest
congratulations to the members involved in this most unprecendented find.
For there to be actual, physical artifacts still in existance in such an
environment as Geonosis - is nothing short of astounding! I applaud
your dedication and diligence in seeking out this wonderous treasure, and I
challenge you to further this endeavor to it's absolute limits!

Congratulations again to you, the Historical Council of the Galactic Federation
of Free Alliances - our continued interest in this issue rest directly in the
perpetuation of this faux.

Chief of State
eastern57 :)

Hasid Lafre
06-15-2008, 01:35 AM
T alk about a comleat 540 on that hilt

eastern57
06-16-2008, 10:33 PM
...m... I though more people would jump onboard and play along.

Anyway it's a great saber - so great in fact that I plan to make one also... I love the design and I sincerely hope you and Dark Helmet don't bum-rush me for ripping you both off...

B5813
06-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Not me. I built this one almost completely the way DH did except for the emitter choice. I had been meaning to weather it for a while and when I finally did it turned out as you see it. It was strange. I buried it in dry, fine dirt and then poured a bit of aluminum black into the dirt. It made the dirt stick to the aluminum as if it had been buried for a hundred years.

eastern57
06-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Can you tell us a little something about this saber? What kind of electronics does it have? LED? Anything special that sets it apart - other than it's appearance? How long did it take to make? Details, hombre, details...

B5813
06-20-2008, 10:16 PM
What you see is what it has. No electronics... it's empty. I was going to get it going but I've got two other sabers going... one is a Graflex that I'm paying alot of attention to. The other is housing a crystal chamber. I simply liked the visual effects of making it look like it had been buried for a while.

eastern57
06-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Hey, it still works beautifully as a display piece :) especially the third picture.

and, of course, more appropriate as an artifact if it doesn't light up.

B5813
06-21-2008, 12:36 PM
That's my thought. Once I started trying to scrub down dirt fixed on to the hilt it started to really show nicely.... the weathering I'd done before burying it came through. It still has dirt which seems permanently fixed to the metal too. It's a hell of a look since I didn't think aluminum would be susceptible to much real weathering even if it were very old.

Novastar
06-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Not me. I built this one almost completely the way DH did except for the emitter choice. I had been meaning to weather it for a while and when I finally did it turned out as you see it. It was strange. I buried it in dry, fine dirt and then poured a bit of aluminum black into the dirt. It made the dirt stick to the aluminum as if it had been buried for a hundred years.Pretty cool, hehhe... I remember Corbin telling me about his original "Malius" saber which he did something quite similar regarding burying it in dirt and so forth.

Lucky no one came along to do some unexpected roto-tilling, hahahah... :)

atomsk
06-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Holy... Give that thing a bath! LOL.

Pretty cool looking 'artifact'. If you ever give it some fancy insides I'd say it was a good candidate for the ancient saber sound font NS did for CF boards. Im trying to think up some ideas for an extremely weathered hilt. I've been experimenting with an agent called 'aluma-black' on some scrap aluminum i had.. results are promising. not so much dirty as 'carbon scored' maybe? ;)

DarthFender
06-22-2008, 09:29 AM
...m... I though more people would jump onboard and play along.

I though it was a wonderful story. And you tell it so well, with such enthusiasm!

</div>

eastern57
06-22-2008, 11:18 AM
I though it was a wonderful story. And you tell it so well, with such enthusiasm!

</div>

ROTFLMAO>>>

is that a forrest gump ref?

DarthFender
06-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Yup - pad pad pad
</div>

Edit- ooooh! one more post and I get my 500!

B5813
06-23-2008, 01:28 PM
I used the Birchwood Casey AL Black on this thing too, atomsk. As I said it had an odd reaction when I poured the liquid into the fine dirt that was covering the hilt. That's what made the dirt stick to the saber. After much washing of the surface it still ended up not much cleaner than the 3rd picture. It was only buried less than a week.

Barmic Rin
06-23-2008, 01:48 PM
and, of course, more appropriate as an artifact if it doesn't light up.

Dark empire 2. On ossus, Luke finds a trove of sabers that still function after being buried in the roots of Ood Bnar for 4000 years....

Love the hilt BTW.

Tom Starkiller
06-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Ood

:shock:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/s2_08-09gallery/1024/ood1.jpg

eastern57
06-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Dark empire 2. On ossus, Luke finds a trove of sabers that still function after being buried in the roots of Ood Bnar for 4000 years....

Love the hilt BTW.

You got me... you're absolutely right. good call

Barmic Rin
06-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Don't thank me, thank lack of a *** life & a comic book addiction!!!!!!

(Rolls up original Xfiles comic & thwaps Tom round the back of the head)

Tom, you know the Ood were voiced by Silas Carson (Ki-Adi Mundi), right?

Tom Starkiller
06-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Tom, you know the Ood were voiced by Silas Carson (Ki-Adi Mundi), right?

WOW!!! AWESOME!!! Uhm, yeah, I totally knew that. :roll:

Gibs Slaps Barmic, don't hit me foo!!
:P

Barmic Rin
06-25-2008, 02:06 PM
You say Foo like you know what you're talking about, you child of the nineties!!! I say "Don't give me no back talk, Sucka!!!!

http://www.narniaweb.com/forum/uploads/kaleb70/82329_Mr_T.jpg

Tom Starkiller
06-25-2008, 02:14 PM
And I say:

http://p-userpic.livejournal.com/55926036/11849092

let's not steal the thread :P

Barmic Rin
06-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Darn kids & your Spongebob squarepants & your music. I don't understand your generation sometimes.... LOL!!

Tom Starkiller
06-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Where the hell does sponge bob come into this?

Barmic Rin
06-25-2008, 02:30 PM
The trashbag pic. WTF?

Makes as much sense as spongebob does.

Maybe i'm just too old to get the youth of today.

Drichar Deis
06-25-2008, 02:47 PM
The only reason kids not of the 80's generation know Mr T, is because of the Snickers advert! A travesty!

Flyerfye
06-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Hey, don't give us too little credit. I watched A-Team reruns most of my childhood. My parents knew it was good wholesome entertainment. That and MacGuyver. ;) :D

Dark Helmet
06-25-2008, 03:52 PM
COOL! I havn't been on much lately so I missed this when you posted it. that turned out really good! now it needs an ancient holocron stand to go with it. mine met with an accident a few weeks ago and broke the charge port...I've just been too busy to repair it...Great job on this one!

Brackley
06-25-2008, 03:54 PM
The only reason kids not of the 80's generation know Mr T, is because of the Snickers advert! A travesty!

I pity them fools. ;)

Darth_DevilGuy
06-25-2008, 04:04 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1079/830897176_dad55f068d_o.jpg

I swear you guys are lining this up for me...

eastern57
06-25-2008, 04:40 PM
COOL! I havn't been on much lately so I missed this when you posted it. that turned out really good! now it needs an ancient holocron stand to go with it. mine met with an accident a few weeks ago and broke the charge port...I've just been too busy to repair it...Great job on this one!

Thank you, Dark Helmet, thank you for staying on topic... I too, think it's an awesome saber...

and btw, I'm totally copying this design - hope you don't get pissed...

Hasid Lafre
06-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Ya know just reading this topic I got an idea for a saberstand.

BlackDOG
06-25-2008, 07:43 PM
The trashbag pic. WTF?

Maybe i'm just too old to get the youth of today.

You don't remember the episode of the A-Team where the team needed a trash bag to make aballoon or some such foolishness so Murdoch acted crazy (shocking!) and kept yelling, "I wanna trash BAG!" till the captors gave him one?

Its classic 80's TV...may even be on Wikipedia for all I know......

Then again, maybe I spent to much time watching the A-Team.......

BING:
Thank you for hi-jacking Posting Airlines...please make sure your tray tables and forum threads are returned to their upright and normal locking positions.........
BING

bd

Dark Helmet
06-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Eastern!! I love the fact that he did this one! you know no joy until you have one!!!! I love mine insanely.... but his kind of reminds me of that moment Conan is running from the wolves, finds shelter and discovers his father's sword. It had a heavy crust on it but he used it to kill the wolves and make clothes from the skin... so the one B made has , not only a piece of my heart in it, but a great childhood memory too...when I finish my storm trooper armor I may have to get to work on some holocrons...if I can pull it off proper I'll make one for you guys ($$ permitting)^^.. btw, mine is named Threnody, it's a bit of a grey side name (song of lament for the dead)... Maybe that will help with the research...

as far as copying I say do it... DO IT....man it's hard to sound like ben stiller in text....build it mang! I would be thrilled to see my ancient beyotch built in a multitude of ways, plus I know I designed a good one when ppl make more^^ I can feel the love in the room, that, or the burrito kicked in...ok.... def was the burrito.......love don't smell like that...

eastern57
06-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Yes, it makes perfect sense:) And I think Mr.B might have given up on this thread...
sorry, dude...

Barmic Rin
06-30-2008, 12:56 PM
I'd do a Holocron to go with it. Maybe not a stand, but as a companion.
How you'd explain it being on Geonosis, I couldn't tell you.

For a starting base for your Holocron, you can get little 3" cubes that have a small RGB led in them. I bought a half dozen afew years back to convert them, but never really got around to it.

Still have them, so may have to get on with that & post pics.

Hasid Lafre
06-30-2008, 01:27 PM
IIRC loreen used them cube things for baseballs and got one smaller to fit inside of it. what one could do is frost the outside cube then use the inside cube lifted up slightly and centered in the outer cube then use that inside cube to hold the leds and battery pack.

Then do your designs and whatnot on the outside cube but I want to take a cube of sorts and intigrate a stand into it then some how fit a battery charger into it then when I set the saber on it it hits a small switch and it lights the cube up, but I want the cube to be wall outlet powered.