PDA

View Full Version : Luke ROTJ 2003 Blade Replacement?

lethalkillaz
06-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Well I havent seen anyone make one yet but I'm curious since my blade actually snapped from its hilt side. Can anyone give a disassembly tutorial on a 2003 ROTJ? I've seen one for the 2005 edition but not the 2003 version. From what I know I need a thin walled Polycarbonate tube and the ability take apart the hilt itself in which I don't know how to do.

Lord Maul
06-13-2008, 10:19 PM
The 2003 edition takes apart the same way I believe. There are only minor differences between the two hilts.

lethalkillaz
06-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Hmm, I just wanted to make sure because it happens to be that there are plenty of 2005 tutorials and no 2003 tutorials that I have found yet. But if it is similar then it should make things a wee bit more easier.

Lord Maul
06-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah, there aren't any '03 tutorials. That saber is so old that no one bothers converting it. Being EL also makes it waaay harder to convert.

lethalkillaz
06-14-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm not planning to convert it, since I heard its pretty hard to do and nobody's willing to try anyhow. I just need a replacement blade for it because the old one broke. It seemed to have broken off quite easily though.

Darth Lars
06-15-2008, 05:18 AM
Do you mean that it is the polycarbonate tube itself that broke, or was it something inside the blade?

lethalkillaz
06-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Yes, the tube itself broke, which is weird because all it took was a 3 foot drop to make the tube and the hilt separate. Its a long story and currently I'm trying to figure out people who are willing to help me repair it since this is my first saber and I'm not confident enough to fix it myself.

Stevegel
06-15-2008, 02:09 PM
ask xwingband, but he is busy on alot saber projects including my 2 sabers,which are 2 luke esb.

Blair
07-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Hello, i notice yours conversation. I have similar (maybe same) problem. I ordered Luke FX ROTJ 2003, but if came / I was suprised / blade was broken! So, I had a question. Is here somebody, who can fix it, or replace blade for this saber???

Thank you!!!

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/8567/lukerotjfx004aub8.jpg

lethalkillaz
07-08-2008, 03:11 PM
the funny thing is, mine's broken in the same EXACT place.

ive kinda figured out so far that the hilt isnt so hard to disassemble, the 2005 tutorial should suffice. blades arent expensive, this is the type to go for from the guys here at TCSS

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/1-Thin-walled-Polycarbonate-40-long--P151.aspx

but so far my only gripe is how to get the EL fixture out so i can slap on a new blade. is there any correct way to take the EL tube out without damaging it? or just tug on it till it comes out which sounds pretty ill advised. its kinda stuck the inside of the broken blade.

Maul has done a great job showing how to take it apart here:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=2479&page=5

the only thing i need to know is how to get the EL tube out without damaging it.

Lord Maul
07-08-2008, 04:58 PM
I'd send a PM to Jedi Loreen. She knows more about EL than anyone else on the forums that I know of.

Blair
07-09-2008, 04:08 AM
the funny thing is, mine's broken in the same EXACT place.

ive kinda figured out so far that the hilt isnt so hard to disassemble, the 2005 tutorial should suffice. blades arent expensive, this is the type to go for from the guys here at TCSS

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/1-Thin-walled-Polycarbonate-40-long--P151.aspx

but so far my only gripe is how to get the EL fixture out so i can slap on a new blade. is there any correct way to take the EL tube out without damaging it? or just tug on it till it comes out which sounds pretty ill advised. its kinda stuck the inside of the broken blade.

Maul has done a great job showing how to take it apart here:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=2479&page=5

the only thing i need to know is how to get the EL tube out without damaging it.

But in my case I can see, inside hilt are another parts of tube and EL foil - so, i think, I need whole blade.

Is here somebody, who can fix it? - or replace blade? - because I am a newbie in this saber business.

lethalkillaz
07-09-2008, 02:03 PM
like i said, the hilt can be disassembled and refitted with a new tube. ive been asking around for someone to do it for me for about a month and so far my responses are "do it urself, its gonna cost u alot for such an easy job, i dont have the time to fix it" and ive gotten some responses even much more harsher than that for something as simple as a blade replacement. its been a month and i still have a broken saber, but at least im still researching about how to fix it.

ive got no sense of fixing things at all either, and im in ur position too, first saber, no experience in breaking things down, stuck with a saber that nobody buys or fiddles with. so were gonna have to try on our own.

im still trying to find out how to get the EL tube out of the broken saber, if i find out anything since so far my PM's to multiple people arent going through and havent been responded yet, ill see if i figure anything out and pass on an update.

Blair
07-10-2008, 07:52 AM
like i said, the hilt can be disassembled and refitted with a new tube. ive been asking around for someone to do it for me for about a month and so far my responses are "do it urself, its gonna cost u alot for such an easy job, i dont have the time to fix it" and ive gotten some responses even much more harsher than that for something as simple as a blade replacement. its been a month and i still have a broken saber, but at least im still researching about how to fix it.

ive got no sense of fixing things at all either, and im in ur position too, first saber, no experience in breaking things down, stuck with a saber that nobody buys or fiddles with. so were gonna have to try on our own.

im still trying to find out how to get the EL tube out of the broken saber, if i find out anything since so far my PM's to multiple people arent going through and havent been responded yet, ill see if i figure anything out and pass on an update.

My progress: I found on eBay this guy: 415quartzpower - he tell me, that he can replace new blade, or convert to LED or Luxeon. Maybe I will try it, after I will have some extra money to spend.

Darth Leximus
07-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Just adding my $.02. If you are going to spend money to fix it, you might as well have it converted to LED. You'll be much happier with the end result.

lethalkillaz
07-11-2008, 01:08 PM
My progress: I found on eBay this guy: 415quartzpower - he tell me, that he can replace new blade, or convert to LED or Luxeon. Maybe I will try it, after I will have some extra money to spend.

and ive heard from the guys at FX that converting it to a Luxeon is a huge pain in the butt and is really really expensive to do. none of them even mentioned to me about converting it into an LED either. both conversions are gonna cost u alot of money.