PDA

View Full Version : Offically a new TCSS customer...FINALLY

Sol Nexus
06-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Well I've finally become a customer of Tim's. Earlier today I placed an order that, I hope, will allow me to finish the Mag-lite hilt I started last summer.

Basically it is a 2-D cell Mag-lite that used to be black. I took my power drill and a paint remover wheel to, which produced a blackish-aluminum color. I replaced the broken switch with a new Mag-lite switch - I like the look of the rubber dust cap. After painstakingly sanding the threads of the old light housing, I was able to put a Graflex projector lens on as an emitter.

For the electronics, a MR Anakin Soundboard, and I was able to utilize the battery/speaker pack. Ordered a Lux III elec. kit with an Amber LED. I'm hoping the blade holder style 1 will fit inside the Mag-lite and stick out the emitter a little.

I'll post pictures once I've finished, hopefully not too long from now.

Flyerfye
06-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Congratulations! I'm in the same boat, just placed an order, waiting for it to arrive. It's exciting, isn't it? :D

And I love your design, sounds awesome. Can't wait to see pics!

xl97
06-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Id be interested in seeing/hearing more about your button stuff..

a maglite rubber dust boot, low profile button may be just want I need after all.. :)

Sol Nexus
06-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Id be interested in seeing/hearing more about your button stuff..

a maglite rubber dust boot, low profile button may be just want I need after all.. :)

All I did was take apart the standard switch that comes with the Mag-lite and soldered the switch wires from the soundboard to it. After electrical taping the wires and switch housing I shoved everything back in the Mag-lite and tightened the switch in place.