PDA

View Full Version : RED-RED vs. RED-ORANGE

Tiberius172
03-01-2006, 09:12 AM
I'd like to hear opinions about Red-Red vs Red-Orange 3W LED. I just got in a MR DarthVader Saber with a crushed blade and I've got to order one of Tim's LED's and conversion kits to replace the blade on this unit. Somewhere I saw in one of the threads where someone liked the Red-Orange better but I don't recall why? What are the groups thoughts on these two colors?

Thanks,
Tiberius

Do-Clo
03-01-2006, 10:59 AM
I have one of each color and when the vader kit comes in I will test both of them to see which one I like best. I will try and post some pictures also.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

The Plague
03-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Red-Red for a movie saber red and Red-Orange to get the same color as the vader fx, Both colors are brighter than stock FX

Is that your lightsaber or are you happy to see me?

desertscorpion
03-01-2006, 01:47 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by The Plague

Red-Red for a movie saber red and Red-Orange to get the same color as the vader fx, Both colors are brighter than stock FX

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Plague,

Please don't get frustrated with me, but I don't know the difference between the MR FX red and movie red. And I don't have the movies handy. Could you elaborate, please? Thanks, in advance.

The Plague
03-01-2006, 02:32 PM
To me frustration is anger and that is the path to the dark side.
anyway movie red is a darker-true red and an fx red is lighter, pinkish or a dark red orange. hope this helps.[:D]

Tiberius172
03-01-2006, 03:04 PM
I can see this is going to be a hard decision. Maybe I'll just have to do one of each. [:D]

Seriously though, I think I'm leaning toward the Red-Orange. It seems to just be a little more unique and the slight color shift is interesting.

Concentrate...feel the Force flow. Yes. Good. Calm, yes. Through the Force, things you will see.

The Plague
03-01-2006, 03:51 PM
The red orange is also brighter

LAN-ED-TUL
03-01-2006, 05:05 PM
as we all know, the red led is more movie in color but i have a red/orange in mine and with tims diffuser in the blade it comes out red, now with corbins film in there it shows a bit more orangy in color. but red/orange is the brightest.

its just a matter of the diffuser. tims gives it more red and corbins lets a lil of the orange thru.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...