PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

CorellianBada**
06-07-2008, 06:39 PM
well, let me start by saying i'm overwhelmed to say the least in all the info that's packed in here. i'm completely new to the entire process of saber-building, but i hope that'll change here very soon. i just bought my 1st MR-FXLSCC (Joe Jedi Kit) to get a feel of how these things work.

Anyhoo, just saying hello and thanks in advance for the info and advice i'm sure to come begging for. :D

eastern57
06-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Welcome!

With a name like that, I'll either come to really like you or hate the hot crap outta you...

either way, good luck and hope we can help you along!

Drichar Deis
06-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Welcome to your new addiction!

CorellianBada**
06-08-2008, 12:08 AM
thanks, hehe.

i'm really itching to get busy on this one, but not really sure where to even start.....

i've read over the entirity (well it seems that way) of the forums, and while i'm getting alot of great info and ideas, i'm a bit stymied as to the process of actually grinding out a saber of my own.

i'd love a small kick in the right direction:confused:

eastern57
06-08-2008, 01:32 AM
*nudge nudge*

Look at pictures, there's lots here. Develop an opinion: what do you like? what don't you like? What looks easy? Difficult? Feasible? Neato?

Ideas are good - opinions are better ;)

CorellianBada**
06-08-2008, 11:23 AM
thanks again :)

i have the will and a dremel, just been playing around with the graphic utility for the last day or so.

and i guess i'm lucky since my brother-in-law is an electrical engineer. last time i tried to rewire something, the wife's hairdryer turned into a flamethrower.....

anyhoo eastern, what do you recommend? should I start with a hilt design and then worry about cramming in the electronics later? to be honest, the only part that worries me is trying to fabricate a hilt out of tubes, knobs, and whatever else i can find and getting them all to fit together. I see pics of Jay's brass-jobs and chrome creations and others with visible focusing crystal ports and it looks a bit daunting.

Drichar Deis
06-08-2008, 12:10 PM
They are good but a bit advanced, for a beginner start with a MHS then work up and on from then.........Thats what im doing.

Arm on Fire
06-08-2008, 02:07 PM
I would say Pick out electronics first, that way when designing the hilt you can keep in mind the space they require, instead of trying to cram them in later. just my 2 republic credits. :)

Jay-gon Jinn
06-08-2008, 02:22 PM
thanks again :)

i have the will and a dremel, just been playing around with the graphic utility for the last day or so.

and i guess i'm lucky since my brother-in-law is an electrical engineer. last time i tried to rewire something, the wife's hairdryer turned into a flamethrower.....

anyhoo eastern, what do you recommend? should I start with a hilt design and then worry about cramming in the electronics later? to be honest, the only part that worries me is trying to fabricate a hilt out of tubes, knobs, and whatever else i can find and getting them all to fit together. I see pics of Jay's brass-jobs and chrome creations and others with visible focusing crystal ports and it looks a bit daunting.

Oh, c'mon, those sabers I build aren't that advanced....they're really simple compared to what some other members here build!

CorellianBada**
06-08-2008, 03:00 PM
your humility sickens me :P

nah, for real, your sabers on youtube brought me to this board

/brownnose off

DDanDevious
06-09-2008, 10:43 AM
the will and a dremel is all you need really.

welcome.

DDD