PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Flyerfye
06-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey all, just thought I'd put up a hello on this fine forum.

I've finally decided to get into this whole saber building thing, after rediscovering the awesomeness of lightsabers. I've had an Anakin RotS ForceFX in my closet for years, and I've always been terribly afraid of breaking my $100 toy. I'm hoping to build one that I can bash around like no tomorrow, and show off to my friends and co-workers. (Perhaps without breaking the bank too much, as well).

I'm pretty new to this whole deal, but I'm hoping I can learn a lot from you all in the future.

tinfoilhelmet
06-06-2008, 06:10 PM
yeah, me too....

DarthFender
06-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the forums, both of you. Feel free to ask questions. Some of the other get all bent out of shape if you ask one the "Heard it a million times" questions, but, hey we were all green at one time or other.

If there is a topic that discusses the question you are asking, I tend to post a link so you can find the answer yourself. Also the searh feature is not the greatest, but it can find most topics you might be interested in.

I would suggest following all the the tutorial threads, they will answer most of the questions you will have right away.

Anyways, welcome!

MaverickJsmith
06-07-2008, 02:58 AM
Welcome you two 8) Fender has a good point, read all the tutorials, comb the FAQs, and read a lot of threads. Especially the ones that detail someones build of their saber. They are extremely informative.

Maverick

Drichar Deis
06-07-2008, 03:05 AM
Welcome to the nuthouse!

Flyerfye
06-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys! After reading though tutorials, wiring diagrams, and a decent number of posts, I think I'm already well on my way to building my first saber.

xl97
06-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Maybe PM a member that seems 'friendly' if you dont feel like getting 'flamed' for posting.. :)

That being said.. everything that has been stated is a great start.

picking the style of saber you want EL or LED (most do LED now that I see)

some of the sections her have great reads.. some are lost to the archives and hard to search for unless you have read it before.

"I" found that even though I read many posts/threads.... just reading didnt help me understand the terminology used in some cases.. (my monitor just didnt answer back no matter how mnay times I asked questions) ;) ...so I posted.. (and got tons of disappointing comments and PM's).. but in the end.. there are still many people here who generally LOVE this hobby and still help no matter what. So dont give up, be patient.. and someone WILL be along to help. :)

People assume you know what they do.. and take their knowledge for granted at times.. so try to find/follow a thread that closely matches your situation to get some background on the topics, suggested solutions & answers when posting. :)

Darth Leximus
06-09-2008, 09:58 AM
sounds great flyer, welcome to LSAA (Lightsaber Addicts Annonymous)

Hello my name is Darth Leximus and I'm addicted to lightsabers

Can't wait to see pics of your first creation!

DDanDevious
06-09-2008, 10:32 AM
welcome!

ok pleasantries are out of the way, get to building.

DDD