PDA

View Full Version : Dude hit by car, Hartford, CT

Hasid Lafre
06-06-2008, 07:49 AM
http://www.break.com/index/dude-gets-hit-by-a-car.html

I just love how noone does anything to help the poor feller.

Hartford, CT is litterally these **** box of **** boxes

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
06-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Nice. How could the people just ignore a guy laying in the street?

Hartford, CT is litterally these **** box of **** boxes

You've obviously never been to Orillia, Ontario. If you wanted to give the world an enema, Orillia is where you would stick the hose.

DaJoQuim
06-06-2008, 05:27 PM
must be a big city!!

Draconis Magnus
06-06-2008, 07:09 PM
It was a hit on the guy... notice how both cars cross the double lines on to on coming traffic to hit the guy. And both cars turned right on the next block. But yeah... at least try to block on coming traffic for the guy. I did hear 4 people called 911 within a minute of the accident. Also, you do not want to move someone like that, might make things worse... call 911 and leave it to trained medical people. Like I said, best thing to do to help is tell him help is on the way and block the traffic.

Hasid Lafre
06-06-2008, 11:15 PM
but someone could of walked up to the guy and stayed with him and others could of blocked the street off or something

acerocket
06-07-2008, 06:28 AM
I will tell you why nobody helped - lawyers.

My wife's mother has been a nurse for 30+ years and has on many occasions helped people in situations where they have been hurt. That is she used to until she was sued by a guy who was in a car crash for the medical care she gave him until the paramedics showed up. The paramedics say she probably saved his life by applying the turniquet but he sued because she is not a registered 'first responder'. I guess he figured money was more imprtant than his life. She has even said several of the doctors she works with will flat out refuse to help someone because they won't be covered by their hospital's insurance if they help a stranger on the street. Couple this with the scare of AIDS and it's no wonder people won't rush to help an accident victim these days.

Draconis Magnus
06-07-2008, 07:10 AM
I will tell you why nobody helped - lawyers.

My wife's mother has been a nurse for 30+ years and has on many occasions helped people in situations where they have been hurt. That is she used to until she was sued by a guy who was in a car crash for the medical care she gave him until the paramedics showed up. The paramedics say she probably saved his life by applying the turniquet but he sued because she is not a registered 'first responder'. I guess he figured money was more imprtant than his life. She has even said several of the doctors she works with will flat out refuse to help someone because they won't be covered by their hospital's insurance if they help a stranger on the street. Couple this with the scare of AIDS and it's no wonder people won't rush to help an accident victim these days.

Wait a second... shouldn't she have been covered by the "Good Samaritan" law? or is that only for people who are registered medical people? Either way... you're right... like I said, all people need to do is call 911 right away, tell the guy help is on the way, don't touch him and block the traffic.

Hasid Lafre
06-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Good Samaritan? whoes that now days all people care about is themselves.

It makes me sick how people are, ace thats messed up that that happened.

acerocket
06-07-2008, 08:26 AM
You would think so. But in the litiginous society in which we live, it doesn't stop some people from trying to sue. In my mother-in-law's case, it never went to court, but the the fact that she was served court papers was enough to leave her disgusted.

Novastar
06-07-2008, 05:13 PM
I know exactly what Ace is saying... and there are only two questions you have to ask yourself when something like this happens and you witness it (whatever your medical experience):

1. Can I live with myself if I help him/them/her?
2. Can I live with myself if I DO NOT help him/them/her?

Damn all the temporal things, the money, the BS lawyers, and even the person in need who decided to "double-back" on their OWN angel of mercy!!

What Ace's M-in-law did... was the RIGHT thing. And everyone knows it. Even that jackass who sued her--the one she HELPED. All he did was hurt himself more.

Now it's true, everyone would say "sooooo idealistic... F that, N-Star!!! It ain't worth my family, hardship, $$$$, time in court, stress, etc.".

True. Maybe to a point. But... I do not honestly think I could stand by and *THINK* about all that "here we are in man's world" crap when the moment comes and someone is dying, or every moment counts. I never have. And luckily, I haven't been sued for helping the few I have in my life in the past years when I was younger.

I haven't been challenged really seriously in a long while... and I hope I don't have to be... but if I am... I'll be RUNNING OUT TO HELP.

It's worth sleeping in peace at night with a few less "demons"... ya know? 8-)