PDA

View Full Version : CF sound board.

NITR0
06-04-2008, 11:33 AM
anyone know where i can buy a CF or ultrasound board.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Stevegel
06-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Good luck on finding one, take a number and get in line. useless you go too ebay and pay crazy money for it.:rolleyes:

sekrogue1985
06-04-2008, 12:34 PM
there is a crystal focus 3.0 on ebay right now. so good luck. you missed the 4.0 auctions.

Sohryu76
06-06-2008, 12:24 PM
you can look through the postal service between france and the US...
Mine is lost somewhere..
if you find it, you can keep it :)

Eandori
06-06-2008, 01:48 PM
I built a MHS saber with CF version 3.1 for a friend around a month ago and he got in an accident and wants to sell the saber. So I'll actually be selling the saber I made for him pretty soon. No... not just the board, but the full saber. PM me if you are interested.

Logan Cade
06-08-2008, 06:22 AM
take a number and get in line.

I honestly wish it would work that way, least you'd be guaranteed one. Or how about posting a time and date when they will be released so we can camp out on his doorstep. This hit or miss, checking his site 40 times a day system is getting old.

xl97
06-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I honestly wish it would work that way, least you'd be guaranteed one. Or how about posting a time and date when they will be released so we can camp out on his doorstep. This hit or miss, checking his site 40 times a day system is getting old.

it has been stated a million times...

JOIN HIS MAILING LIST.

and that will let you:

Or how about posting a time and date when they will be released so we can camp out on his doorstep.

I just got an email today as a matter of fact telling me about the stock on Voice Core for blasters being in stock. (NO CF"s until September now)

go to ebay and over pay if you need one.. its about $230 right now..

Jay-gon Jinn
06-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Or you can wait and do this:

For the next batch (june / summer / I don't know when exactly), it will be a preorder. First so that It's easier for me to target exactly how many boards are ordered and for fnding the heavy price of all the parts.
Basically people will order via the website as usual but the board won't be made when they will order (definition of the pre order). Pre order slots will be put online by series of mini batches to keep the website running normally. Thanks to Hasid for suggesting the method. A bit of entropy will help ensuring there isn't a mad dash in 4 minutes, cause it's stressing every one.
A total of 100 boards (more or less) will be made but I can't guaranty when I'll ship them, probably by the end of the summer. As you know I'll move in June and I'll have a lot of work in the new house, so my workshop and bench won't be functionnal before a while.

I've started some videos of FAQ to Erv' Plecter on youtube, for those who are interested.

Have a nice week end,
Erv'

Erv'

Make sure you sign up for Erv's newsletter to get the full details when he's rteady to annouce the process.

TimeRender
06-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Yep, I signed up for the newsletter and was able to buy a cfc4 a few weeks ago and a blaster core just earlier today.

xwingband
06-08-2008, 09:18 AM

Ohh jeez... I can sort of stand the I wish he did it _____ way" posts, but that's just what he does/did. He posted here that he'd be going to the newsletter notification about the exact times. It's even on the front page of his site to subscribe.

Part of me died reading your post.

Logan Cade
06-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I have an account with him and I’m signed up for General News Letters and Global Product Notifications….I just have never received anything. I just checked again and all looks good on my account over there.

I like the idea of the pre-orders and I’m going to contact Erv to see why my notifications are not working.

Ohh jeez... I can sort of stand the I wish he did it _____ way" posts, but that's just what he does/did. He posted here that he'd be going to the newsletter notification about the exact times. It's even on the front page of his site to subscribe.

Part of me died reading your post.

While I don’t appreciate your quick judgment and the “ohh jeez” attitude, I certainly didn’t mean to have part of you die!

I hope whatever it is grows back and makes you a little more durable.

xwingband
06-08-2008, 10:00 AM
And I don't appreciate people complaining about not getting one and clearly being ignorant of how to get one.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that something wasn't setup right, but plenty of people managed it before the newsletter. I only ever see a handful of videos not from the same core of people so those boards are getting bought by someone someway!

Logan Cade
06-08-2008, 10:31 AM
What is your problem, xwing.

How is my so called “complaining” any of your business in the first place?

While I might have posted my opinion on a public forum, I certainly didn’t personally ask for your help or criticism. You could have read my post and just moved on seeing others have already answered it. But instead you choose to inform everyone of your disgust at my ignorance.

Well, it’s true…I am ignorant. I’m new here and just learning the ropes. I try to read all the posts and keep informed as best as I can. I don’t expect special treatment, but a little patience and courtesy could go a long way.

For someone of your stature around here, you really need to set a better example.

xwingband
06-08-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't get YOUR problem... eat your crow and get bent back in shape.

TimeRender
06-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Logan, while I'm not sure whether or not it is still official, Xwing does still act as the de facto moderator of this forum. This forum gets bogged down quite a bit by redundant threads, either in the form of questions that have already been answered many times or in the form of senseless complaining and general impatience. It is still very much his business, as it is the business of everyone who reads this forum, to try to reduce unnecessary and unproductive posts. Whether or not you see it this way, complaining about the way Erv does business when his rules and procedures have been clearly listed and discussed is not beneficial to anyone here. Xwing just gets frustrated having to deal with the same issues time after time.

Now perhaps I can try to help you understand why Erv is reluctant to create pre-order lists. First of all, the cost of producing these boards changes from time to time. If he accepted pre-orders, he would likely have to agree to a set price, and if the cost of components increased he would lose some of his profit. Secondly, Erv is always creating new versions of his boards, and this would not be possible if he had to commit in advance to creating a large number of his most current version. Third, this is not Erv's primary source of income. He has a job and a family and a life outside of making CFCs for us. By taking pre-orders he would be committing himself to deadlines and quotas that he may not be able to meet. Finally, if he accepted pre-orders, there is a high probability that a small handful of people would commit to buying out his entire stock, either for use in their own personal sabers or to resell on Ebay for a profit. This would hurt his business in two ways. First, it would give a small group of unscrupulous individuals a way to profit off of his hard work. Secondly, it would make it much harder for new customers to purchase his products. Without new customers and new business, the interest and popularity surrounding his product will fade. By announcing the release of new batches via the newsletter and then selling on a first come first serve basis, he guarantees that a mix of first time and repeat customers will be satisfied, thereby maintaining a healthy level of interest.

Logan Cade9
06-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I understand and agree with what you are saying, TimeRender.

But in my defense, all I did was express a wish and a suggestion.

The fact that everyone has heard it a million times and some member’s frustration levels are non-existent doesn’t justify the response I got.

I hope to get this cleared up by emailing Erv and finding out why my notifications aren’t working.

Thanks for your time and explanation.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
06-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Check your spam filters. Erv got caught in mine the first time, until I set it to let him through.

Novastar
06-09-2008, 03:14 AM
To echo and verify some of what TimeRender said... this is PRECISELY why I myself have stayed totally *OUT* of buying CF boards after v3.

I even sold both of my v1.2s in 2007... I also sold a v2.63 to a gent in the U.K. a while back in late 2007...

And look at THAT! Time! I did most of the above in 2007!!! It's important to note that... although time FLIES... Erv's product really isn't all THAT old. In other words, it's not like this "CF flurry" has been going on for an entire year... it's really only become quite nuts in RECENT months. I ought to know, I posted a video about CF flyin' out the door the first time it happened, and also the 2nd time it happened.

Erv is also ONE guy (just like *I* am one guy). He should no better have the ability to whip out 2000 CF... any more than I could do THREE Balance of Power shows in a year. When you are doing EVERYTHING... the wheels of progress turn even more slowly than what the fast-paced, impatient, "standard" american/whomever will accept or bear.

So I hate to say anything as dramatic as BOO HYPHEN HOO, but... Boo-hoo.

In the meantime, I don't know... buy the CF Sound Compendium, prepare your sound fonts? Watch the staged combat tutorial? Be grateful and forgiving and understanding to DIY designers who are *NOT* equal to a giant corporation like Sony or Apple or Western Digital or whatever? :cool:

Logan Cade9
06-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks for chiming in, Novastar. Your post was both helpful and informative.

Why any of you feel my comments were an attack on Erv is beyond me. I admire your loyalty but as a small business owner myself, I truly understand the slow workings of a one-man operation.

Earlier in this thread someone made a comment about “take a number and get in line”.
I thought that was a good idea and commented as such. I also offered a suggestion, not knowing that something similar was already implemented having not received any news letters to date and received some negative responses to it which I couldn’t understand why.

I see now that most of you were only coming to the defense of a friend. I can respect that but I assure you that was not my intention.

Eandori
06-09-2008, 11:10 AM
No worries man, it's easy to miss details sometimes and post a question that has been answered elsewhere. I have done it myself and eaten some crow many times. I have come to enjoy the dusty feathered taste of the common black crow actually.

I am fixing up that Crystal Focus 3.1 & MHS component luxeon saber for my friend now. I'll be selling it on Ebay with a set of quick change LED's and a CD with saber files in the near future when I get it all ready. Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules by mentioning that here. Xwing? Is there a set of forum rules I need to be aware of for this?

Perhaps I'll be eating crow soon? /shrug.

Sohryu76
06-09-2008, 11:23 AM

He did that... pretty sure twice... told us a day and a time... and it made things a little worse for the man.
first time they sold out in less than a minute... second time... same thing...

lets look at the waiting list idea, personally, I think the list would be insanely long and the wait time would be longer. and you are still not "guaranteed" a board that way. Especially not a time frame, I mean look his boards just got pushed back to September rather than July, not counting the extra time to fabricate them...

kazei maru
06-09-2008, 05:53 PM
I was looking at the CF 3.0 auction & the thing went for a whopping $421.00! As NOVASTAR would say.... DAMN!!! I guess if you don't have a choice, you gotta pay to get the product. Just goes to show how good Erv's products are. I'm glad he still keeps prices reasonable with all the work involved in making the CF boards.
it has been stated a million times...

JOIN HIS MAILING LIST.

and that will let you:

I just got an email today as a matter of fact telling me about the stock on Voice Core for blasters being in stock. (NO CF"s until September now)

go to ebay and over pay if you need one.. its about $230 right now..

sekrogue1985
06-09-2008, 06:14 PM
To echo and verify some of what TimeRender said... this is PRECISELY why I myself have stayed totally *OUT* of buying CF boards after v3.

I even sold both of my v1.2s in 2007... I also sold a v2.63 to a gent in the U.K. a while back in late 2007...

And look at THAT! Time! I did most of the above in 2007!!! It's important to note that... although time FLIES... Erv's product really isn't all THAT old. In other words, it's not like this "CF flurry" has been going on for an entire year... it's really only become quite nuts in RECENT months. I ought to know, I posted a video about CF flyin' out the door the first time it happened, and also the 2nd time it happened.

Erv is also ONE guy (just like *I* am one guy). He should no better have the ability to whip out 2000 CF... any more than I could do THREE Balance of Power shows in a year. When you are doing EVERYTHING... the wheels of progress turn even more slowly than what the fast-paced, impatient, "standard" american/whomever will accept or bear.

So I hate to say anything as dramatic as BOO HYPHEN HOO, but... Boo-hoo.

In the meantime, I don't know... buy the CF Sound Compendium, prepare your sound fonts? Watch the staged combat tutorial? Be grateful and forgiving and understanding to DIY designers who are *NOT* equal to a giant corporation like Sony or Apple or Western Digital or whatever? :cool:

the craziness is happening because everybody has seen either one in person or on youtube what these boards can do thus they all want one because let's face it this board rocks I'm lucky to even have the ones I've had. A 2.61 that I got when you could probably gone to the store on a daily basis and see maybe a few in stock. Then the 4.0 which my friend pay 365.00 on an ebay auction and then gave to me cause he lost a bet. Anywho with the limited supplies and freak releaase dates and the frenzy yeah...byebye way too fast.

kazei maru
06-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Just wanted to inform anyone looking for a CF board. Someone has listed a V3.1 on EBAY for sale again. Item number 280236457149. The madness starts again! I'm glad I got my CF board when it was not so popular. I would go nuts trying to get my hands on one now.

Eandori
06-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Selling for $160 now with 5 days left on that auction :) Right now, it's a good price.

I'll be putting my friends CF 3.1 based luxeon saber on Ebay probably within the week. I'm adding the features to it right now.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
06-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Too bad it will probably go for over twice that amount.

When Erv puts out the next batch, I want to put one in my other saber, but I'll probably just do an MR for now.

strengthofrage
06-15-2008, 03:47 PM
I still have my v3 CF in the package Erv sent it in, I dont want to gut my already assembled sabers to add it... I want to create a new saber specifically for it I just haven't found the time yet. Running your own business is so freakin time consuming! I think that when Nova's CD arrives at my house I will have an excuse to start on a new saber though. I wont be able to resist. Especially after seeing Arm's new saber staff. I wont do a saber staff with a CF (would need 2 I think) but it definitely got me wanting to go back to the drawing board.