PDA

View Full Version : Longer ribbed sections poll

Strydur
06-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Need to know what you all want done here.

vortextwist
06-02-2008, 01:04 PM
What lenghts are we talking?

Tomoyo
06-02-2008, 01:07 PM
I kind of like it the way it is really. Well maybe it could be a little more enlarged in the insides, can't really use the AA battery holders as they are now. (Well its not like it doesn't fit inside with just the battery holder but when you try it with batteries it won't.)

Strydur
06-02-2008, 01:13 PM
7" for now

vortextwist
06-02-2008, 01:36 PM
I chose the 3rd option.

xl97
06-02-2008, 01:41 PM
varied lengths..

as always..the more options the better...

eastern57
06-02-2008, 02:17 PM
I voted for option one for two reasons:
- I like how the 0-rings fit the outside
- I like how a 4AA battery pack fits nice and tight, on the inside

Er Dan Gill
06-02-2008, 04:26 PM
I voted for option one for two reasons:
- I like how the 0-rings fit the outside
- I like how a 4AA battery pack fits nice and tight, on the inside

I agree with Eastern.

Darth Anubis
06-02-2008, 05:38 PM
i picked the 3rd, but make them all different lengths

Vecna
06-03-2008, 03:04 AM
I voted for option 1.
Keep them exactly the same just offer different lengths of them

Luar Selbor
06-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I say keep it the same. If you need or want anything diffrent get it custom made.

Dark Navel
06-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I agree..From a business standpoint that makes sense.

Onli-Won Kanomi
06-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Strydur when you say 7" section and "other MHS" on the poll do I understand that correctly that this would be a new 7" MHS hilt? [I hope so].

If so would it be the v-grooved 'grenade' type? [I hope so even more!]

The present MHS hilts already come in plenty of different circumferential groove options but
I'd love to see a 7" MHS hilt with 'grenade' at the other end from the switch hole blank area...it doesnt matter to me if the grenade v-grooves are a bit shallower or the same depth.

BUT, I also look forward to future LED solutions requiring bigger battery packs so the closer to normal MHS ID the more likely to fit bigger battery solutions I'd think?

For the same reason making a new MHS hilt longer...say 9" maybe...might also be more 'future proof'...but I'd be VERY Grateful for a grenade grooved 7" MHS hilt section for now :-)

Anyway thats my 4 cents worth...I'll wait to see if I understood what you are considering correctly before I vote.

Hasid Lafre
06-04-2008, 11:09 AM
I had some pics of a crappy design with a ribbed/vgrooved combined into a 7" hilt section with different designs but I cant for the life of me find it.

Barmic Rin
06-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Or just do all three types? We're all harlots for wares, so it just gives a bit more variety!!!

Onli-Won Kanomi
06-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Hasid could that have been the green/blue bladed 'mini-Luke'/'mini-Obi' Jar-Kai matched pair I posted wayyyyy back on the wish list?

I cobbled those together in Paint modifying the very first MHS template but didnt have a v-grooved grenade section at the time to reference since they were then out of stock so didnt know there were 6 longitudinal grooves meaning 2 or 3 would be visible at any angle thus only did one row on the pic DOH which I fully agree did make them look "crappy" LOL.

In any event they were meant more to illustrate what I was thinking of to Strydur so not meant to be fancy designs just an idea for a 7" MHS hilt section with shallow 'grenade' grooves to go with the circumferential grooved styles like #2 already available.

Still not sure if thats what Strydur is thinking of here or just 7" v-grooved 'extensions' but I decided to vote for the standard ID shallow grooves even though I realize its the minority choice...but I'll be Grateful for anything new Strydur decides to offer us I'm sure.

Hasid Lafre
06-05-2008, 01:16 AM
Well what i had done was made the ribbed.vgrooved longer and added them to the style hilts so there was a bit of regular hilt section designs with the ribbed section but someone shot it down saying you could just take the sections and have a 2" or 3" section custom machined and it would get the same look.

Drichar Deis
06-05-2008, 01:47 PM
erm.......no 3?

Phiily Manyaan
06-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Please Please Please open up the ID of the existing ribbed sections!