PDA

View Full Version : Update

informalmyx
10-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey Stryder i got my parts i ordered and i had problems trying to create the blade it would be nice if you updated the images of your tutorial i had a argument with my father who work tools i was using to build it (he is a broadcast engineer and has worked in repairing electronics for 20 years). Since he thought it was a normal wire that somehowed glowed he told me i was wrong and tring to find the image on theforce.net and finally had to go to coolneon to find what i was looking for

Strydur
10-29-2005, 12:23 AM
which pictures gave you trouble?

informalmyx
10-29-2005, 04:31 AM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/Scripts/solder.JPG
it would be nice to get a magnafied view of the almost invisable fragile wires i got it working but only after consulting the elwire website. Also could you sell your polyE already straightened in your kits dont own a heat gun to straighten mine maybe add a dollar or something to the cost would save alot of hassle

Strydur
10-29-2005, 06:29 AM
I will get better pictures of this if I can. My camera doesnt do very good close up. Sorry, but I dont plan on offering straightening as a service. Eventually I do plan on stocking some straight polye though.

Tim

informalmyx
10-29-2005, 01:44 PM
[:(]any idea when the straight polyE might be available?

<center>http://home.earthlink.net/~myxmyth/infomyx.jpg
"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Strydur
10-29-2005, 01:58 PM
When I can afford to have $2000 worth of polye sitting in my shop =)

Tim

Kyaen
11-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Hey, pardon my ignorance... but how would I straighten that tubing?

"You're father wanted you to have this when you were old enough, but you're uncle wouldn't allow it..." -Obi Wan Kenobi

Strydur
11-01-2005, 03:58 PM
I put it on a metal rod and then heat it with a heat gun

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Lord_Jyensba_Lalne
11-07-2005, 10:07 PM
I've got a question on the EL wire, too. How much do I need to buy? Because if it runs up and down the tubing, then I need double the length of the tube. How many times do you reccomend going up and down. I was just thinking up once and down once. And by the way, I was looking at a four foot long blade.

StrangeWings
11-08-2005, 01:02 AM
I got mine to go 4 times up and down.

Strydur
11-08-2005, 02:04 AM
All the blades I sell have 5 strands.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop