PDA

View Full Version : hi all (with vid)

totuss
06-01-2008, 09:59 PM
so i've been reading the forums about a month now , signed up and made a couple orders to the shop.
thought i had better say hi and show off my 1st CSS MHS saber :)

many thanks to all the ppl here who have posted everything ,articles and pics etc , i have learnt all i needed to create my saber.

i wanted to keep the hilt smooth and free from obstructions as i will be heavy duelling with it,(smashed the end off in 2 days, waiting on replacment tips) have also built my friends saber too ,just a sound card to put in to finish it

already enjoying the duels tho, i did 8 years of kickboxing and jui-jitsu with some katana training and looking forward to improveing my 'sabering' and spins.

again , thnx to all the guys who provided all the info i have gleaned from these forums.

and thnx to tim from CSS for such speedy and excellent service..
even all the way over here in blighty (yes another limey)

link to a vid of my saber..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTiDuGQjxc

Totuss

Drichar Deis
06-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Welcome Totuss, another brit to our ever expanding ranks!

Eandori
06-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Brilliant job on your first saber! Blade looks nice and even, sound is very solid. Great work!

DarthFender
06-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the forums. That is a really cool saber. I love that Darth Vader sound.

totuss
06-04-2008, 01:15 AM
thanks for the comments guys :)
yeah i love the rough growl of the vader hum ,tho the single clash is a shame.
its the only soundboard i had.

a couple more things about Djin i didnt mention...
(apart from the fact i love that name)
all the screws/bolts are totally recessed so no protruding heads.
(switch looks difficult to use on the vid, its actually fine i was in wrong place with my thumbnail while looking thro camera)
all the electronics are secured inside to an alluminium skeleton that bolts to the inside of the hilt.
and its running off 4xAA 2850mah nimh with a buckpuck.
the red LED u can see where the normal switch hole is... well i did have it wired into the buckpuck on the cntrl wires ,its a flashing LED too so would have looked cool :) while on the bench it worked fine once inside the saber a very noticable dimming occured on the blade in time with the red LED being on, rather than take the whole hellraiser puzzlebox apart again right away i just snipped one of the wires to the red LED, next time i have the guts out i will fix it by wireing it to the MR LED output.

once again i'd just like to thank all those experienced sabersmiths who have shared their knowledge here on the forums and enabled me to learn soo much.

right then... saber no 2 to rewire with sound now (ill post a vid when finished)

Totuss

p.s i'm also totuss on starwars galaxies euro-chimaera server

eastern57
06-04-2008, 08:37 AM
all the electronics are secured inside to an alluminium skeleton that bolts to the inside of the hilt.

curious - tell me more

totuss
06-05-2008, 01:49 AM
the skeleton...
basiclly i cut it out of sheet alluminium and bent it to my desired shape
hope this link works and helps to explain, easier than me trying to describe.

it keeps eveything central so it all fits nicely inside the hilt.
it all seem pretty solid inside ,however there is a VERY defined order in which it has to go together or come apart hence the hellraiser puzzlebox reference earlier.

blueprints...

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm270/totussvalorian/djinblueprint.jpg

Totuss

DDanDevious
06-05-2008, 09:06 AM
great saber!

welcome!

DDD