PDA

View Full Version : Blaster Building, the cheap but hard way

Malaki Skywalker
05-29-2008, 03:16 AM
Hey guys, I've been looking all over the net on how to build various blasters, I've came across 2 websites that are a. Very easy to follow b. give templates, measurements and does not empty your wallet...

How to build an E-11 ANH Stormtrooper blaster:
http://www.darksidesithlord.com/my-costumes/stormtrooper/e-11-blaster-rifle/creation-01.html

PVC Blaster Builders Club, which gives you near all the blasters and accessories from the movies, and shows you how to make them cheaply:

http://www.imperial-fleet.com/BBC/

Enjoy! :D

tazrob
05-29-2008, 09:37 AM
if done right they turn out great as well.

Jonitus
06-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm a bit confused on the directions. It is stated to get 1.25" PVC for the main body of the saber. PVC doesn't size the same a s metal tubing, so what is the actual PVC a person should get for this?

Case in point...I have some "1.25" 160psi PVC that slides perfectly over a 1.5" sinktube.

Would it be better to just use the 1.5" template and build the body of the blaster out of a long sinktube or something?

Malaki Skywalker
06-09-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm a bit confused on the directions. It is stated to get 1.25" PVC for the main body of the blaster. PVC doesn't size the same a s metal tubing, so what is the actual PVC a person should get for this?

Case in point...I have some "1.25" 160psi PVC that slides perfectly over a 1.5" sinktube.

Would it be better to just use the 1.5" template and build the body of the blaster out of a long sinktube or something?

I've had the same problem, ATM though, I'm using 1.5" Aluminum tube, does the charm and its accurate to a real sterling! :D

So I totally recommend you get 1.5" PVC or Aluminum tube, sand it down so the 1.5" templates fit nice and snug.

Hope this helps :)

Novastar
06-10-2008, 12:20 AM
I still have these two BOP II blasters if anyone wants to buy... :)

Granted, they have been modified, and started as the Hasbro toys. You can find a link somewhere on my youtube stuff.