PDA

View Full Version : 3W driver questions

Sereth
05-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Hello, a couple of things first...i have NEVER done any sort of soldering or electronics work in the past. I have everything ready with my hilt to begin assembling the electronics...now that being said. Im aware that this may or may not be posted elsewhere and if it is, just say so and ill do a bit more digging (i may have simply overlooked it)
On to the question. I noticed that the luxeon driveboards are back in stock and i was looking at the wiring diagram, where it says drive switch/sensor...i assume that this is meant to be hooked up to a seperate switch all together (which in turn would mean more drilling into the hilt which is something i wouldnt be real fond of doing..) or a gyro style sensor (which is more my thing) If im right in my line of thinking on this then let me know, and if its possible...could someone point me toward a gyro that i could rig to it?

Sereth

DarthFender
05-27-2008, 07:03 AM
The extra switch is for the Clash/Lockup effect. Depending on whether you are using a soundboard, you may already have a clash sensor. If you are using a MR Soundboard or a Hasbro sound board these already have clash sensors. You can wire the second switch to it. Be mindful of poliarity as improperly wiring will cause the clash effect to be constant.

If you do not want/need the lockup effect, just don't wire a second switch. The sensors will take care of the clash. If you do want/need a lockup effect you can purchase a very low profile tactile switch from the store. You can even get Tim to machine a hole in your hilt if you are not comfortable doing it yourself. There is no way around using a second momentary switch if you want lockup effect, but keep in mind that MR and Hasbro sound boards don't support lockup, this means that if you wire a switch to these sensors it will merely repeat the clash sound over and over until you release the button.