PDA

View Full Version : MR Luke ESB conversion

xwingband
05-24-2008, 01:38 PM
This will be a place holder thread sort of. I will show how to convert a MR Luke ESB.

Disassembly Instructions:
1) The obvious stuff needs to come off. The screw at the top. Use a flathead screw driver or something similar to pop out the brass pins. The oval switch on the side can be pried off too.
2) Switches. GENTLY PRY them off. You have to break these essentially. The key is gentle though. Just wiggle them off.
3) The rivets on the grips. I took my dremel and just shaved the back off of them and pried them from the outside. The grips may become loose if you don't do this gently.
4) Now with a few good knocks everything will slide out. First the threading, then the battery sleeve, and finally the whole electronics blade assembly. Set them aside.
5) Lastly you can pull out the rivet for the "bunny ears".

The clamp can stay. It doesn't need to be removed.

I need to order parts, but the luxeon conversion will be rather straight forward. I have some heatsinks I stole from botched Ultra conversions (not mine) that I will mate with 1 1/8" aluminum pipe. If I take out the black rubber on the bunny ears I can make the blade holder extend out. This will provide more stability in a saber that will normally have a shallow blade depth.

Stevegel
05-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Sweet! I have fate in you. :-D
o.k type-o Faith lol

Drichar Deis
05-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Sweet! I have fate in you. :-D

Fate? or Faith?

thejedilestat
05-25-2008, 02:32 AM
5) Lastly you can pull out the rivet for the "bunny ears".

do thay have to come off?

oh what are the odds of switching the on/off slider switch to a push on/off???

xwingband
05-25-2008, 05:31 AM
It doesn't, but I intend on extending a blade holder into it so it needs to come off. Like the other 6AA sabers there isn't a whole lot of room so I wanted to gain the extra space.

A push on/off seems possible. Obviously the normal ones sold here are too deep though.

eastern57
05-25-2008, 09:09 AM
X-wing, I was wondering that myself. Regarding an operable red button, if you're going to extend the blade holder, you might still have room for the really small latching switch. Just a thought...

thejedilestat
06-01-2008, 06:38 AM
well i rember seeing on a site that converts garflex flash guns that thay had a working push on off? idk im looking to find it now so i will keep u posted

and yes i know that the flash gun is smaller then the esb luke but still

felix142
06-01-2008, 04:48 PM
You're looking for the graflex button/switches at www.graflexshop.com/.

It seems that they come disassembled. Here's Corbin's explanation of how to assemble them (he designed them). http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=4095.

thejedilestat
06-02-2008, 05:45 AM
thank you felix142 i was looking for the link on my other computer witch is no longer online so ya