PDA

View Full Version : colored diffuser?

DDanDevious
05-23-2008, 09:52 AM
yo.

so I was thinking about diffusers for my blade, and thinking about color disks and whatnot, has anyone used some sort of colored diffuser inside the blade itself? instead of just a normal peice of cellophane perhaps some sort of colored wrap to give the blade its color? Just wondering since my latest saber is using a seoul p4 and I was thinking of filtering. I know im not the first person to think of this...

DDD

eastern57
05-23-2008, 11:07 AM
I've tried it with purple and green... they pretty much block the light.

Hasid Lafre
05-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes a colored film has been done but they used a roll of lighting jell like the lee filters just in a larger size and he had piss poor results but it looked great in the day time. But it would need something like polyP inside it to make it worth it.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=2922

Not to sound like an ass but please search, that took me all of less than a min to find.

Angelus Lupus
05-23-2008, 01:39 PM
I'd be interested in seeing comparison pics of those filter roll sabers vs standard LED. I've only ever seen that one picture of that technique.

eastern57
05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Not to sound like an ass but please search, that took me all of less than a min to find.

You've also been around a lot longer and probabaly remember it. It's easy to find things if you know what you're looking for.

Hasid Lafre
05-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Not really dude, usually most of your questions can be found in the first couple pages of these forums.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

DDanDevious
05-27-2008, 04:39 AM
ok sorry I didnt search didnt mean to cause a problem.

but thanks for the answers anyways.

I too would like to see a comparison. I dont think it hurts to revisit a topic, perhaps some of the new folks could get in on the discussion and add something to the mix if they havent seen the old thread.

but anyway, I think this looks really cool... Im def going to try this.

ddd

DarthFender
05-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Every one that I have seen, I have been less than impressed with. Except in broad daylight, you have a full color blade in daylight. But I recommend a second blade for night/twilight fighting.

BhujangiJedi
05-27-2008, 10:35 AM
I tried it with a green K2 @ 1A. Normally, it's really bright and I love it. With just 1 or 2 wraps of green polyp (with clear polyp inside it), the brightness is decreased too much for my tastes. The dark green color is neat, but it's just not bright enough.

DDanDevious
05-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Every one that I have seen, I have been less than impressed with. Except in broad daylight, you have a full color blade in daylight. But I recommend a second blade for night/twilight fighting.

I like the idea of having two blades... hmmm, maybe I can find some sort of super sheer material to test... I really liked how that red looked with that KOTOR crew in that pic...

DDD

Hasid Lafre
05-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Did you try using a white led? its widly knows that a filtered colored led will have really poor results.