PDA

View Full Version : The R2D2-Southpark Connection

Mi Gin Gonn
02-26-2006, 12:23 PM
A couple of recent threads about people's favorite SW characters reminded me of a theory I have: Kenny from Southpark is based on R2D2. Here's why:

1) Kenny from Southpark is named Kenny. The guy who helmed R2 in the movies was also named Kenny.

2) Kenny from Southpark dies a gruesome, different death in every episode. R2 has been shot by Jawas, eaten by a pond creature, electrocuted at Bespin, shot by a stormtrooper in ROTJ, crashed in a junkpile aboard Grevious' ship in ROTS, kicked down by bigger droids, shot by Darth Vader's TIE fighter, etc...

3) It's very difficult to decipher Kenny from Southpark's muffled words, and he's usually saying something really filthy. R2 speaks in an unintelligible series of beeps, and has been told by C3PO to "watch his language."

4) They're both short.

Anybody else ever noticed these similarities? It wouldn't be a surprise if it were true, given that Trey Parker and Matt Stone ARE huge SW geeks [:D] To my knowledge they've never admitted it, but then again, it's just a theory.

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

dbraxton9
02-26-2006, 03:41 PM
hey, that's pretty good!
how about this theory?
Lucas has some odd issues with women, ***uality and family in general:
first, Leia is the only significant female in the whole original trilogy.
luke and leia are siblings but neither know it and are attracted to one other until the end.
Vader is leia's dad but he is "insensitive to her needs" to say the least and tortures her and her boyfriend while plotting to kill her brother/his son.
Luke shows no interest in his absent mother until he lets leia in on everything.
Anakin is a small child when he falls in love with a teenage queen (the conversation between them on the ship going to tattoine is just plain SICK).
the entire imperial army are clones.
anakin skywalker was immaculately conceived(!).
Lando Calrissian originally had a back story that said he is a clone.
prequel hero Obi wan seems to have no family, friends, lovers, home, or past whatsoever.
Lucas is virtually obsessed with dismemberment: Shmi skywalker's husband is lame from a previous adventure, anakin/vader loses his hand twice and loses his head in a dream, luke loses his hand and arguably loses his head in the same dream, darth maul is bisected, Jango Fett is decapitated, Windu loses his hand, Dooku loses both hands and his head. droids and troopers are dismembered throughout all 6 films.
the story of the skywalkers is essentially about attaining, losing, and regaining manhood.
ROTJ, filmed during Lucas' divorce, begins with the heroes narrowly escaping a giant carnivorous vagina in the sand.
lastly, remember that lucas introduced the world to the "lightsaber", the ultimate male ego/phallic power symbol which glows, slices through anything it touches, and makes that cool ass sound when you wave it around (can YOUR wee wee do that?).

hypothesis:
I strongly suspect Lucas lost his ability to be a father in his famous age-17 car wreck. He has said his troubled relationship with his real father and the life support machines in the hospital inspired darth vader. His wife left him in 1981for a mexican carpenter after they had argued about only being able to adopt children. He made ROTJ a lot softer than everyone expected, threw in teddy bear warriors and Jabba's court (more like fraggle rock than a gangster's lair), and now has literally hundreds of millions of "adopted children" that might as well just call him "daddy". Not saying he's impotent but I bet he's shooting blanks down there and this has inspired most of star wars.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

Mi Gin Gonn
02-26-2006, 03:48 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dbraxton9
lastly, remember that lucas introduced the world to the "lightsaber", the ultimate male ego/phallic power symbol which glows, slices through anything it touches, and makes that cool ass sound when you wave it around (can YOUR wee wee do that?).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nope, The Captain doesn't make any sounds, but he does make a lot of my decisions for me [:D]

Wolverine
02-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Too Dang Funny http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/lolhammer.gif

http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/thumbup.gif http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/thumbup.gif http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/thumbup.gif

supertrogdor
02-27-2006, 12:53 PM
I am entertained in ways I would not have suspected by reading forums abour light sabers
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Incidentally, while my son is now potty training, i am glad he has not yet made the correlation to swinging it around... there is enough mess without that aspect added to the equation

Mur-Pa DiLos
03-01-2006, 10:44 AM
That was great! Both are too true! That was the best post I've seen yet on off topics here! How'd you guys think of that!?!

True, true, mine doesn't go woosh woosh either but their is definitely a "force" that guides me![:D]

Mi Gin Gonn
03-01-2006, 11:35 AM
I've had the R2-Kenny theory for a long time, just never posted it anywhere.

archammer2
03-01-2006, 12:26 PM
And let's not forget that "Vader" is German for "father" (though pronounced differently).

xwingband
03-01-2006, 12:31 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by archammer2

And let's not forget that "Vader" is German for "father" (though pronounced differently).

Nope... Vater = father. Ich spreche ein bischen Deutsch.[:D]

<center>http://www.geocities.com/ghost_soldiers_unit/gs_banner_trans2.gif
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

archammer2
03-01-2006, 03:19 PM
D'oh!! That's my problem. I have just enough knowledge to shoot myself in the foot.

naashar
03-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Loved it, folks. For other off the wall connects, or parallel far-off galaxies of yore, check out Trey Parker's Thumb Wars. My God in Heaven. The whole "make-it-all-official" scenes are worth the $10 that Suncoast is charging! That, and the following exchange between "Luke" and Oobie-Doob Scoobie Doobie Badoobie (obi-wan, for the uninitiated:

Oobie: "He's your Father."
Luke: "What?!?!"
Oobie: "He's a..man..who's..Father away. Yes. A Father Away man."

niiice

You don't need to see any identification.

dbraxton9
03-02-2006, 04:29 PM
"darth vader" was derived from "dark invader" not "dark father" as lucas has recently claimed. I have him on camera in 1978 saying so. vader being luke's dad was not decided until weeks before Empire came out. why lucas feels the need to try to tell everyone that the SW movies were orinally conceived as a 9 part epic from the very beginning when he CLEARLY made it up as he went is a mystery to many.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

Mi Gin Gonn
03-06-2006, 10:56 PM
naashar-

from my research so far, trey parker has nothing to do with "Thumb Wars." I'm sorry to say you are mistaken.

desertscorpion
03-07-2006, 09:38 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dbraxton9

"darth vader" was derived from "dark invader" not "dark father" as lucas has recently claimed. I have him on camera in 1978 saying so. vader being luke's dad was not decided until weeks before Empire came out. why lucas feels the need to try to tell everyone that the SW movies were orinally conceived as a 9 part epic from the very beginning when he CLEARLY made it up as he went is a mystery to many.

You're so right! That guy has restated himself so many times to look more sagely! He clearly admitted to making it up as he went along. And any time there's a goof up he makes up a back story and says "I meant to do that." I think that he also intentionally makes some of the themes and logic of his movies contradict just to jack with people.

naashar
03-07-2006, 10:52 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mi Gin Gonn

naashar-

from my research so far, trey parker has nothing to do with "Thumb Wars." I'm sorry to say you are mistaken.

Hey, never ever be "sorry" for helping to Improve, baby! I'm always learning...

And speaking of, does your research have anything to say about Matt Stone? It should...again, if I am in error, it's not the first time, and I trust it won't be the last. I'm fairly sure, however, it was one of those kats.

Oh, and kudos for using a quote from one of the many great works of one of the greats of our time, Kev Smith.

naashar
03-07-2006, 10:55 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mi Gin Gonn

naashar-

..And it doesn't make it any less funny. [:p] So there.

Relax; I kid, because I envy! [:D]

Mi Gin Gonn
03-07-2006, 11:49 AM
no worries dude, it's all in good fun here [:D] i haven't seen thumb wars, but i remember hardware wars from back in the day, with han solo as "ham salad."

naashar
03-07-2006, 01:12 PM

no worries dude, it's all in good fun here [:D] i haven't seen thumb wars, but i remember hardware wars from back in the day, with han solo as "ham salad."

Dear Lord in Heaven! *waves hand at Mi* You want to visit your nearest Suncoast...you will purchase Thumb Wars...you shall marvel at the brilliance...

But, don't let me influence you.. [:D]

Mi Gin Gonn
03-07-2006, 05:25 PM
m'kay i'll have to nab it next time i'm at the video store. btw, have you flown an iron lately?

naashar
03-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Why, yes. Yes, I have. I've also blinded Obi Wan, right after I gave him some Excedrin for his "headache". (He was like "F&*K Alderaan!)