PDA

View Full Version : just wanna know

thejedilestat
05-22-2008, 04:03 AM
well let me start by saying that i dont really know where to post this so feel free to move it if u are a mod

would i be able to remove the green Leds from the Yoda wafer board and put red leds from a vader or a maul?

this thought just came to me as i scared my daughter with my ESB Luke so ya

Count Malik
05-22-2008, 03:55 PM
No, the blades don't come off, you would need to get a lux III or hyperdyne blade in order to do that. Sorry.:(

eastern57
05-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Malik, are you refering to the Yoda blades specifically? For most MRs, the strip is accessible after you break down the hilt and electronics. Swapping out the LED strips wouldn't be too difficult. But I don't know if there's any posted instructions on how to break down an MR Yoda.

Lestat, am I correct in assuming that you want to convert a yoda to a red blade for your daughter? There's other ways to go about it. I read your post as "I want to take out each individual green LED and replace them with red ones." ... and that just sounds like pain.

and btw, we don't have mods here...

nevermind on the yoda breakdown instrs... I saw it...

thejedilestat
05-23-2008, 02:08 AM
and that just sounds like pain

ya it will be a pain but still i have alot of time on my hands so no big deal

im starting to wonder if i should just use the total Maul blade and led string?
idk what the power diff would be i havent seen a yoda but i would assume it would run off 3 AAA's

i know i can take the yoda apart cuz i have taken 2 of my FX sabers apart and i know to just take my time... this mite just be a waste of time to most but i think its just some thing to try that hasent ben done b4

eastern57
05-23-2008, 11:10 AM
For what it's worth - I like your attitude. Why not just try it? Who knows what'll happen? Looking forward to hearing about your results, Good luck!

Ghostbat
05-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Looking at the Annakin LED string i have out it would be doable, but as mentioned it would also be a pain :)

I'm not sure if it would be all that much easier to use the existing Mail string, I believe the blades are different lengths? Or am I crazy? If they are cutting down the string and resoldering it to work at the correct length might not save you all that much aggravation over just resoldering all the LEDs.

I would decidedly want a desoldering bulb or wick for this job.

Hmm... sudden horrible horrible thought... replace all the LEDs with color cycling LEDs, instant rave saber... Ew