PDA

View Full Version : 616/Joe Jedi/FX Construction Kit sound board = desperate help required

Boomsticksweets
05-22-2008, 12:14 AM
I am in desperate need of some help as this is third time I have attempted to install a sound card into my saber.

This last attempt involved using an FX Construction Kit sound board. Before I even opened up the saber, I was swinging it around and hitting it against stuff. Suddenly the saber started making sounds as if the clash sensor was in high gear. I messed with switching the colors with the saber on (can't remember if it was before or after this that the sound screwed up). After turning it off for a short while, it would work just fine again for about 30 seconds, before screwing up again. Then the blue and green LED's stopped working. I figured it was just a busted clash sensor.

Well, since I wasn't concerned with the clash sensor or the LED's as I just wanted to use it for its sound, I wired it up to my LUX III and buckpuck. (see diagram below)

Unfortunately, even with the clash sensor disconnected, it is still screwing up! And the LUX III isn't lighting up either!!! It flashed once when I turned it on and it won't come on even if I change the boards color selection!

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

I just want my saber to light up and have sound!!!

This is my current wiring set up. (Props to Arms on Fire for the original schematics).

http://i32.tinypic.com/24xhv1y.jpg

BTW: > I also covered most of the board in hot glue in an attempt to keep the wires/components from pulling off. Though I don't think that it is a concern.

eastern57
05-22-2008, 06:21 AM
wiring looks fine... how are the batteries? MR mauls do somthing similar when the battery is low. And check your battery/speaker connections, there might be a connection issue. Either way, it doens't sound like you have a clash sensor problem, but rather, a power flow problem...

Boomsticksweets
05-22-2008, 09:06 AM
wiring looks fine... how are the batteries? MR mauls do somthing similar when the battery is low. And check your battery/speaker connections, there might be a connection issue. Either way, it doens't sound like you have a clash sensor problem, but rather, a power flow problem...

YOU ARE MY HERO....:cool:

batteries were dead.....

Boomsticksweets
05-22-2008, 09:11 AM
OK! Now that everything is working I just have two problems to address....

I have too much wiring in the hilt... gotta shorten some of them.

And;

I have to reconnect the two places that I didn't use hot glue. The speaker, and the pos/neg of the buckpuck. Unfortunately, the wires came off dangerously close to the puck's casing.....

Any ideas on how to handle that?

Boomsticksweets
05-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Ahhh I just ordered another one.

Any tips to help salvage the one I have would be most appreciated.

It looks like the wire pulled out from inside. No surprise considering how much it got moved and twisted with all the wiring changes though.

eastern57
05-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Glad I could help. I don't know how to salvage a puck, but the twisting thing is not to difficult to solve...

Phiily Manyaan
06-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Just a quick question, which is better for a Joe Jedi board and a lux III, 700mA buckpuck, 1000mA buckpuck, or the 3w driver board in the CSS store?

Darth Leximus
06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
The best would be the 3w driver as it gives you the pulse effect and ramp up/down effect plus constant current to your led. Next best for red luxIII would be 2 X 700mah pucks wired in parallel to give you the optimal 1400mah for the led.

Hope I helped

Phiily Manyaan
06-13-2008, 04:16 PM
thank you kind sir! It's been awhile since electronics class, where in the original posters diagram would the second puck go?

xl97
06-14-2008, 12:05 PM
thank you kind sir! It's been awhile since electronics class, where in the original posters diagram would the second puck go?

I think you wire them in parallel..... no?

Arm on Fire
06-15-2008, 07:46 AM
Here is my original diagram. pucks are wired in parellel (like wires together)

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff204/armonfiredesigns/furywiring3.jpg