PDA

View Full Version : Darth Maul Conversion?

Artifical_Lynx
02-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Hey just wandering if anyone is going to do a Darth Maul Conversion sometime soon. My Best friend just got his in the mail from over night shipping and he already busted some LED lights on it. If anyone is daring to do it sweet? Plus from seeing some videos of people showing off there Darth Mauls and dueling they seem to bust easily like the Anakin or Darth Vader Stock FX.

Strydur
02-26-2006, 12:14 PM
I will have mine here next week and will get to work on it

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

LAN-ED-TUL
02-26-2006, 10:33 PM
of course they will bust. theyre no different from the other fx sabers. thast why we're convertin them. i just got a convert candidate off ebay. paid 50 with shipping included. has just a few dim areas in blade and sound and everything else just fine. so im gonna take the plunge and do a conversion on this one. maybe sell it on ebay as well as the other project saber im workin on. still tryin to figure out what i want for the emitter shroud. still would like a claw style shroud. like a metal collar that just fits like a glove over the end of the heiland handle, and has 3 claw arms coming off it up towards and just past the end of the led blade holder. i have my holder set flush on bottom with end of heiland. the adaptor tim machined down to fit inside the handle. it makes this thing nearly 5 cell in length.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

The Plague
02-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Lan, on ebay you have to make sure that the sabers are built like a rock or someone will break it and leave neg feedback[:(]

Is that your lightsaber or are you happy to see me?

LAN-ED-TUL
02-28-2006, 12:19 PM
i know, thats why i want to have the claw made from aluminum. not plastic. the rest of the hilt is a heiland flash handle. with pvc grips. its solid so far, just workin on the claw emitter will take some time to find the right stuff to make it with. i thought of taking the handle with me to the hardware store anf ind a aluminum pipe that has some good wall thickness to it. im thinking around 1/8 or a lil more,not much than that. and i can get some 1/8 flatbar aluminum to cut out claws from. then i will use small allen bolts countersunk to attach them to collar. i havent decided if i want to run screws from inside collar up into claw ends so no holes are visable or run them from claws down into collar. i think it would be stronger to run up thru collar into claws. of course i'll have to tap the threads into the holes in claws for the allen bolts.

i think this will work fine, just a matter of finding the right part for the collar.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...