PDA

View Full Version : Costumes were to beggin...

Count Malik
05-21-2008, 08:59 AM
does anybody know of any good costume sites? Or would it be better to make one? Thanks!

DarthFender
05-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Unless you have no skills, which I dont think is the case since you are on these forums, it is always better make your own. In most cases it will cost you less, and where it doesn't you are probably going to get a better product.

I would either make one, or commission someone else to make one for me. I never buy prefab, unless it is unavoidable.

ArkaiHalon
05-21-2008, 11:16 AM
begin at the beginning. decide on what you want to costume as

Count Malik
05-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Somthing rogue, but jedi at the same time. I was going to go to a fabric store. But I thought about it and well I didn't even know what I needed or was suposed to get.:lol:

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Wellthat comes with it's ow problems. Rogue yet jedi sounds like you'llhave to do it yourself, from my little experience. So now you have to design your costume. Once you've done that, you can figure out a color scheme. Next, comesthe type of fabric. Now remember, if your costume has lots of layers, wool, NOT A GOOD IDEA. Once you have all of the previous info, go to different fabric stores and compare prices... saves money. LOL. Then, if you don't have very good skills, either commission someone who has the skills and expect to pay more, or find vids or tutorials in order to get the skills you need.

Good luck.

oobie doobie kedoobie
08-10-2010, 05:32 PM
the brand "Simplicity" has a jedi type robe pattern which is #5840 and i suggest using some brown flannel for the robe (use robe A) and pattern D isn't very good in my opinion. Just type in Simplicity patterns on google and then go to the costume section and then skip to page 18 it should be on there

Jay-gon Jinn
08-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Wellthat comes with it's ow problems. Rogue yet jedi sounds like you'llhave to do it yourself, from my little experience. So now you have to design your costume. Once you've done that, you can figure out a color scheme. Next, comesthe type of fabric. Now remember, if your costume has lots of layers, wool, NOT A GOOD IDEA. Once you have all of the previous info, go to different fabric stores and compare prices... saves money. LOL. Then, if you don't have very good skills, either commission someone who has the skills and expect to pay more, or find vids or tutorials in order to get the skills you need.

Good luck.Do you realize the post you're responding to was posted two years ago? Please be mindful of the date of the last post in a topic before posting.

Jedi-Loreen
08-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Zekk, you've already been talked to about necroposting.

Didn't you say you weren't going to do it anymore?

You need to slow down and look at the date of the last post.

We are not amused.

oobie doobie kedoobie
08-11-2010, 09:01 AM
haha sorry guys now i feel stupid because i just looked at Zekk's last post for the date not Malik's post date