PDA

View Full Version : The New Norman

DaJoQuim
05-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi everyone!!
Well I knew if I kept working on doing a video I would do it sooner than later lol!!Anyway A year ago I had a dream.I dreamed of my father who died in 2003.We were very close.In my dream I made a saber for my father.He just loved it!!He told me to remember this dream and make this saber happen.Thanks for my brother do-clo on doing the hilt.Thanks for erv for doing a great sound board and nova star for the great sounds!!Thanks goes also for my friend darth morbius for his advise for the board hook up!!
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/?action=view&current=Movie.flv

eastern57
05-20-2008, 08:39 PM
A heartfelt congratulations to you! You'll never forget this saber -- besides the sentimental relevance, a Plecter Labs crystal focus saber core in a Do-Clo hilt is universally enviable... the icing on top: the sheer might of the Novastar sound font!

Truly, a piece to be cherished!!

Lord Dottore Matto
05-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Very heartfelt, I choked up when I realized how much of your soul into its creation. No matter how nice it is (and it is VERY nice) its relevance to your life will never fade. Bravo

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
05-20-2008, 09:10 PM
That's great!

Can we see some close up pictures of this beauty?

987654321a
05-20-2008, 09:32 PM
DaJo, You are probably the only person that fully dedicates sabers to people. You show alot of honor and kindness in you. This is a beauty. Congrats dude!

Barmic Rin
05-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Your creations are truly from the heart, each meaning something different to you. I love that.

DaJoQuim
05-21-2008, 04:09 PM
thanks guys and I'll take some close up pics and post them!!

DaJoQuim
05-21-2008, 04:38 PM
I took some pics of the norman just a while ago.Here they are.
http://forcefx.proboards43.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=lux&thread=4153&page=1

Novastar
05-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Ah... say them together... DaJo and DoClo.... heheheh such a pair! heheh

Great work David, it's good to see the video, and fantastic to hear the Novastar sound font in there as well. Keep in mind that you can probably install at least one of NINETEEN upcoming soundfonts in that saber (if it's a v1.2 Plecter)... and obviously up to 6 of those 19 fonts in there if it's v2.61 or higher. :)

Also, there is always the whole "multiple SD cards" idea. :) Possibilities = endless!

Great work, I really like that hilt that Don fashioned--his work is always one-of-a-kind, and that's why I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll be creating for me!

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
05-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks for posting those pictures. That's a great looking saber!

You can be proud of that one!

DaJoQuim
05-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks guys!!I'm going to work on my new saber the dajoquim.It's going to tote a 4.0 lol!!