PDA

View Full Version : Opinions

Jedi554
05-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey, guys. I need your guys' opinions. Practically all of my friends at school have seen my lightsaber spinning videos on YouTube and all of them want me to do saber spins for the school talent show. Should I do it?

Stinky Bantha
05-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Yessir! Those videos were really impressive

Nightwing
05-19-2008, 07:04 PM
HECK YEAH!!!
I would TOTALLY do that in a heartbeat.

Zero Unit
05-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Yes. I would pay to see that...Heck, if I were as good as you, I would pay to be in it...

Jedi554
05-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Yes. I would pay to see that...Heck, if I were as good as you, I would pay to be in it...

lol don't worry, Zero Unit. I'll post a vid of the talent show on YouTube. That is, if I make it through the tryouts.

Draconis Magnus
05-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Hey I checked out your videos.. pretty cool.. yeah do it! hahahaha! :)

You know, to be true to the nature of a lightsaber, when it's tossed in the air and spun a couple of turns, the center point of rotation is the center of the handle, not anywhere on the blade! Because there's no mass with the lightsaber's blade! I'm waiting to see a fan movie that hold's true to this.

Darkstar
05-19-2008, 08:12 PM
I've also seen the vids, and I'd say go for it. :cool:

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-20-2008, 05:33 AM
Let the force lead you friend. eh,..... go DO IT!!! blade ejects and slams teacher in the face... Oh, that wasn't suppose... to happen. lol
Good luck bro!

Drichar Deis
05-20-2008, 05:59 AM
Go for it! Might convert a few people to it?

Jedi554
05-20-2008, 06:39 AM
blade ejects and slams teacher in the face... Oh, that wasn't suppose... to happen. lol
Good luck bro!

LOL @ that.

DDanDevious
05-20-2008, 07:29 AM
get some friends to dress up like storm troopers and do some spins and kill them all with your saber.

yeh.

DDD

Nightwing
05-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Hey I checked out your videos.. pretty cool.. yeah do it! hahahaha! :)

You know, to be true to the nature of a lightsaber, when it's tossed in the air and spun a couple of turns, the center point of rotation is the center of the handle, not anywhere on the blade! Because there's no mass with the lightsaber's blade! I'm waiting to see a fan movie that hold's true to this.I don't think that's quite true. The films themselves show that the center of rotation isn't in the hilt, and I remember reading an SW guide once that said that lightsaber blades actually have a magnetic field that creates a distortion that changes the way the blade moves through space, simulating mass. Different settings on the lightsaber allow for the blades to have a different "feel".

If the blades truly had no mass, then there'd be no point to all the spins, as there wouldn't be much of any increase in force when the blade strikes an opponent. (And yes, the blades actually have force. You can see that when a battle droid is cut in half and is forcibly bent halfway through.)

Jedi554
05-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Well, the results are in. And guess what? I'm not in the talent show. :mad:

Oh well. You can't win everything. But I'll still be able to show off my saber skills in the talent show, so it's not the end ;)

Drichar Deis
05-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Well, the results are in. And guess what? I'm not in the talent show. :mad:

Oh well. You can't win everything. But I'll still be able to show off my saber skills in the talent show, so it's not the end ;)

Ok......Im confused!

"Im not in the talent show" "but ill still be able to show off my skills in the telent show"

Huh?

Jedi554
05-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Ok......Im confused!

"Im not in the talent show" "but ill still be able to show off my skills in the telent show"

Huh?

Whoops, forgot to explain :lol: I'm in a Leadership class and we plan all the dances, shows, etc. My Leadership teacher says that in the talent show, I can announce the next act AFTER I show off my saber spinning skills.

Got it now? :)

Drichar Deis
05-25-2008, 02:38 AM
Ahhh.....that makes sense now.

Jedi554
06-11-2008, 04:57 PM
The talent show was a success! Here's video of the end of my act with my math teacher as Darth Schuh (my math teacher's name is Mr. Schuh) Before this video was taken, I did some saber spins, then Darth Schuh interuptted. I then engage in combat with him. I didn't upload the video, one of my friends did, so all credit goes to her for the video.

Enjoy!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vg286A44akA

Drichar Deis
06-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Ask her to upload the spins if she recorded it!

Jedi554
06-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Ask her to upload the spins if she recorded it!

Already did. She didn't record it. :(